Need Help with Heinkel -111 Balloon Deflector Bar

Hello again , I need your help to find out about the Big Bar that went across the nose of the He-111's so that no Balloon cables would get caught in the props. Is there a Kit of this Bar in any kind scale. Would there be one in 1/48 or if not has anyone , that you know of , built one of these before. I would like to do one for one of my 1/48 scale Heinkel kits. Can anyone help at all with Suggestions or with any Drawings. It would really help me if any of you out there could help.

Thanks very very much

... Carl .........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st=96Degree=96TALK-to-the-HAND =96TEMPLE-ETTE=96Guards=96SIX=96&=96SEVEN=96

This is My Web=96Page The=95=95=95=95WORLD=96WIDE=96WEB=95=95=95=95is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten =95=95=95CHALK=96OUTLINE=95=95=95 along the=95=95=95INFORMATION=96SUPER=96HIGHWAY=95=95=95
Introducing ''SPOT-the-CAT''

cyberborg 4000

Warplanes of the third reich has a drawing of this a/c plus a photo if I remember correctly.

Reply to
old hoodoo

Plastruct or Evergreen strip stock would be a good material to use with Old Hoodoo's recommendation for drawings. As cable cutters they probably didn't have a great depth on the leading edge. Need scans of the drawings? LMK.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Carl:

Interesting this should come up now. My latest acquisition from Squadron mail order rolled in Saturday and covers this. "Heinkel He-111", Vol. II from Kagero publications, author Krzysztof Janowicz. price $25, includes a sheet of decals for 5 different 111's in both 1/72 and 1/48 scale. It contains drawings of the He-111H -8 with two different versions of this "Rube Goldberg" device. For what it is worth, this abortion was found to have a negative effect on the aircraft's performance and wasn't used much.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

did i read it slowed it down about 30k's?