New Photobucket Album

It's certainly not finished nor is it currently well organised but I finally slapped some railway electric locos into this album. You can find it at:

I expect that it will continue to grow as I keep finding more goodies to scan into it. I may expand into the now-departed Western roads' electrifications. Most of the photos are not by me but I have made attributions where I know the author's name.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill,

I've just had a first look through the pictures. I can wel understand your nostalgia for these machines.

I've often seen American locomotives in films and on TV and been impressed but these shots of them in everyday working surroundings are even better. Thanks for taking the time to put this album together.

With best wishes and season's greetings,

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
NORTHDUK

Thanks, Gordon. The pictures can only convey the images. I have no records of the sounds and smells other than my memories. I do recall looking out my back window at night where I could see the marquee for the drive-in movie a mile or so across the fields. Just beyond that was the railway and on good nights I could see the passenger trains heading westbound for Harrisburg and beyond. I still remember the GG1's horn blowing for the crossing. It was a sound unlike any other locomotive's horn and came through even the closed window. Where I live now I can hear the horns when the windows are open but I can't see anything of the railroad despite being only two blocks away.

The binaries group where I gathered a lot of those images is also good for international railways and I have many B&W images of British steam. Through my grandson I have become a fan of "Thomas" and I marvel at the modelling that goes into those shows. Just today there was a raging river with whitecaps and all rushing under a bridge plus the people have started moving to and fro in the scenes. 'Tis the most intelligent show on morning TV here. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller