Williams Brothers 1/32 P-35 - Better than the B-10?

Last time I touched a Wm Bros kit was around 1975, the B-10 which was put out of its misery with my bb rifle, paint thinner and a match... A waste of good paint thinner!

How is this P-35 kit? Is it remotely buildable? At my age and waning interest in the hobby, I really do not want to start to work on a real problem child.

thx for any info -

Craig

Musicman59

No one would ever confuse WB kits with Tamiya kits, but the quality varies from kit to kit. Sorry, I have not seen the P35 kit. Hopo start the B-10 kit soon.

The engine kits are the highest quality of any of their kits. I don't think they have started repopping those yet, still holding my breath! Where else can you get 1/8 or 1/12 big round engine kits! I DO wish they would do some water cooled ones though. A nice 1/12 Merlin and Allison.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

One of the guys in my IPMS club just finished one, you might ping him up, I'm sure he'll be happy to share his experience.

MH

D>> Last time I touched a Wm Bros kit was around 1975, the B-10 which was

Reply to
MH

Very nicely done.....

Reply to
The Old Man

I built the P-35 about 20 years ago and had no real problems, although since I usually work in 1/72 I think I struggled a bit with that aspect. I built the B-10 back then, and again a few months ago, and had none of the problems that kit is infamous for.

Reply to
eyeball

Too bad the Mon-Key wasn't here. HE could tell some B-10 stories........

The B 10 has a............ reputation. One of the most abominable kits ever produced.

That being said, their air racer kits are nice but in no way quick builds. But they are buildable....

Reply to
R. Franklin

So are their 1:48 sport planes.....

Reply to
The Old Man

age and waning

I don't recall it being that bad, but I started making models in 1959, so my standards are different. The parts fit together without much trimming. It looked like a B-10. You can always wait for the Hasegawa B-10 if you like. It's obvious you've never seen the Merlin Salmson S2A2. I gave up on that one when I realized that the only way to fix the wing was with a belt sander.

Reply to
tomcervo