New Trumpeter Releases Announced!

IIRC, you picked 1/32 to try and keep the stash within reason because of the limited number of issues. Truly now, you can run but you can't hide! ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

yeah, well someday we'll see you doing a 1/72 109.

Not hardly...I was just telling the folks at the museum that the F/A-18F might be the last one for me in that scale...my eyes are going. I can only see 20/20 now...

My 1/32 He 162 came in. Little sucker.

Reply to
Rufus

poor baby...

I've got a SERIOUS jones to get started on this one for some reason...of course, Eduard has two etch sets in work for it, and I haven't picked out a set of decals yet...so I'll have to wait a bit...

I can get started on my FM-2 conversion of the 1/32 Trumpeter Wildcat in the meantime. I got my order from Roll Models yesterday - with the Engines & Things Curtis-Wright engine that I need to get the ball rolling. Plan to build up both the kit and resin engines first before I start hacking at the airframe...in case I should change my mind.

Reply to
Rufus

smart plane. hwhat stuff for the pby do i need for the pby besides declas and cockpit set? is there a good engine for it? i was thinking of a dio from a pic i saw of a jungle base and a motor on a a frame just about to go in the pby. i bet you've seen that pic, it's pretty well known. rabaul, maybe?

Actually, I used the kit engines - you can dress them up with stretched sprue. I did that for the pushrods, and also used it to wire the engines. Works great.

The Eduard etch set, the True details resin, and a set of decals of your choice are really about all you need for that kit.

Reply to
Rufus

the etch was the one i forgot. so only twice the kit price will jazz it up nice.

Yup...that's about the size of it. The most notable part of the Eduardd set is the etched armor plates for the guns under the blisters. I had my -5 built before the set came out, or I would have used it on that one. I got the etch set for my -5A, though.

Doing the stretched sprue job on the engines was fun - first carve off the pushrods with an X-Acto, and then use the blade to dress up the cooling fin detail on the cylinders. Then I painted the basic engine - cases grey, cylinders dark metal, heads aluminum, and washed the whole thing with burnt umber. Then I dug up some black sprue (so I wouldn't have to paint - clever, huh?) and stretched some to the right diameter for the pushrods. Cut to length and fit eacf individually, then stretched smoe thinner black sprue and did the gnition leads.

I really like the way they came out, and it got me on a "round engine" kick...started buying stuff with round motors just so I could detail the engines.

Reply to
Rufus

the chopper is gonna be 17.8 inches long so it should fit in one of Trumpeters standard boxes.....

Reply to
crw59