new year

I think we're down to about 3 regulars and 4 or 5 like me who post infrequently. I miss the good old days of lively arguments (I mean, discussions) here on RMS...
Den 04-01-2012 14:06, eyeball skrev:

I think we are quite a few that feels like you guys have all the hints and tips to do things right. Speaking just for myself I'm reading and trying to learn. A totally different issue is that when you guys are posting pictures I can't see them. The reason is that the pictures are usally posted in some binary group and most ISP's in DK does not carry binary groups.
Oh, by the way I do like to read what is written in this group :-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

Uffe Brentsen wrote the following:

You are not missing anything. The alt.binaries.model.scale group (ABMS) is pretty much dead. 35 messages since 12/6/11, the last 33 were binary pics of a model show ones on 11/20/11. The other 2 consisted of an OT crack file and a response to it on 11/6 and 11/7.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Uffe Brentsen wrote the following:

You are not missing anything. The alt.binaries.model.scale group (ABMS) is pretty much dead. 35 messages since 11/6/11, the last 33 were binary pics of a model show on 11/20/11. The other 2 consisted of an OT crack file and a response to it on 11/6 and 11/7.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Den 04-01-2012 17:58, willshak skrev:

IRRC Rufus did use bin group to post the pictures of his sub build. Before my ISP stopped carrying these groups I did see some of his pics :-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

Uffe Brentsen wrote:

...and I had meant to get back to my U-boat and do some etch and metal work over the break...but I went to my bench and discovered that I better not touch a model until I get a new set of glasses!
--
- Rufus

Den 04-01-2012 18:54, Rufus skrev:

Et tu, Brute,-? Hint: Latin :-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

Rufus wrote the following:

Get a magnifying hood. I have one with 3 different magnifications and side mounted lights. I wear my everyday Rx glasses under it. Much cheaper than buying a new Rx pair of glasses. :-) This is mine; http://www.micromark.com/deluxe-lighted-headband-magnifier,7844.html but you can get the exact same one for much less from others, like here; http://www.dinodirect.com/magnifier-lighted-head.html
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

I've tried those - they absolutely destroy my depth perception and I can't line anything up using them.
Besides, my problem is astigmatism...it's edges that get fuzzy for me. Even if I could stand magnifiers I'd still need a new set of lenses in my glasses...I'm way overdue, even for just walking around in the world.
--
- Rufus

Rufus wrote the following:

Oops. My wife too. I've walked away from my modeling forgetting that I had it on until my wife reminded me. Besides, it helps keep some of the information in my brain from leaking out. :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/4/2012 12:54 PM, Rufus wrote:

I'll most likely be getting a new pair this year since the ones I have now are around 15 years old. I'll have to wait until after the surgery on my eyelid. I have this pea-sized growth that needs to come off. I'm tired of the watering that the thing induces.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

i have some grass seed.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

...I think he more likely needs some Roundup..!
--
- Rufus

Den 31-12-2011 23:50, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain skrev:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!