Newbie Question

Hi,

I'm new to this group and I'm about to take up modelling again and looking for some advice about which kits to buy.

Which are the best quality out of Revell, Airfix, Hasegawa, Italeri or another manufacturer that I haven't mentioned?

Any one know of a good online UK supplier?

Any good sites with tips on model making?

Thx for any help

vary, some 'brand new boxes' infact hold old kits, some v old, some are ok tho, some kits contain other makes, example top of my head is the revell

48th hurricane(great kit) was made by hasegowawa

Italari are now shipping out old esci kits, very a lot in quality, some good and some damn poor.

be careful as a lot of places charge a minimum fee for postage, they dont. sell glues, fillers and tools etc.

hannants.co.uk stock just about everything but are pretty slow at getting things out.

yes, i use

whats your thing? planes, tanks, jets, props?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

All companies' lines of kits vary in quality, depending upon when and by whom they were first released, etc. However, with that said, I'd recommend Hasegawa, Tamiya and Accurate Miniatures to a beginner or returnee, because most of their kits fit together reasonably well, are generally accurate, and provide a level of detail that satisfies many people.

Although I haven't needed to order anything from the UK, I understand that Hannants:

is highly regarded.

My favorite is Hyperscale:

but links to another 3234 (!) modeling-related websites can be found at:

Hoping this helps,

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

They all vary... best bet is, pick a subject or three and ask about 'em...

Reply to
EGMcCann

Thx everyone who replied, much appreciated