OT: Another terrific speech by Al Gore

Title: Al Gore Speaks on Global Warming and the Environment

Find it at:

Best line in speech:

"While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors he is a moral coward - so weak that he seldom if ever says "No" to them on anything - no matter what the public interest might mandate."

Vice President Al Gore boring? No, I think not.

...../V Estes Park, Colorado, USA

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Our grandsons or maybe our sons will think a little different when they will not be able to breathe without using oxigen masks... I hope USA (Europe too) will be world's paladins not only for bombing bad dictators, but also to give earth a clean future.

bye

fab

Reply to
ilPoeta

I don't typically reply, but in regards to Global Warming, what Pres. Bush is doing isn't soley the cause for issues pretaining to the enviroment as a whole. These issues started before Bush was a twinkle is his fathers eye, and will continue to go downhill long after he and we are worm food. So for Gore to attempt to put Global Warming on the Presidents shoulders is far beyond absurd...but I wouldn't expect anything less from the "Father of the Internet"..lol

-Todd-

Reply to
P8ntGuns4Sale

Global warming is a crock, its just a method for enviros to justify their existence. If anything current data suggests we are entering a long overdue ice age, I say pump out the greenhouse gases we need em bad.

Reply to
rac

I hope to hell your right. I'm sick and tired of the warm winters we've been having in the Rocky Mountains for the last 15 years. An mini-Ice Age would be welcome.

I'd love to have just a little of the cold that the NE US is experiencing. Just enough to get them out of their misery and give us a decent winter in this part of the country.

Reply to
Francis Marion

Take it please! I was just in my basement workshop, and the thermometer read 45 degrees. Normally, this time of year its about 57 degrees. I have friends that live in the Cascades and the Rockies, and I hope there really isn't anything to "Global Warming"; their summers seem to be getting somewhat drier, and thus prone to fires. Another thing is this, I read in a Newsweek magazine from the late 1960s (and kept the magazine 'cause it scared the hell out of me) that stated that "Global Warming" could actually ~trigger~ an Ice Age.

The Old Timer

I was under the impression this is just a natural shift in weather patterns...not global warming or an ice age.Some cold areas will warm and warm areas will cool...it's called nature.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

WmB

WmB

Things r heatin' up:

... etc.

Regards,

MGFoster:::mgf00 earthlink net Oakland, CA (USA)

Reply to
MGFoster

"P8ntGuns4Sale" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com...

From what I understand of the text the issue is not that Bush is held directly responsible for the occurence itself, but that he ignores and covers up the problem.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

record cold where I am...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Global warming?..I'm all in favor of it. It's too damn cold in to many places on this planet...bring it on!

Reply to
Rufus

Irrevent to the theory, which is a degree or two over 75 or 80 years.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

There has to be a problem for one to cover up.

Reply to
rac

I say get rid of all the politicians then. All that hot air coming from govt's around the world must be contributing....

Reply to
EGMcCann

Global warming is real. Its here to stay. Right now we ( the inhabitants of this planet) are just going through the minor annoyances of its infancy. Our grandchildern will be a little more distrubed by its growth, but not much. Their grandchildren are going to get it right in the teeth and theres not a f**king thing anybody can do about it, either now or then. Enjoy Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Sure there is; get behind this Mars mission thing. It's plenty cold up there. ;-)

WmB

WmB

Yeah, sure it is. Meanwhile, back here in reality land, weather forecasters can't even make accurate predictions a week ahead of time yet we're supposed to believe that scientists can predict temperature changes of a few degrees or less tens, hundreds, or even thousands of years in the future. Based on computer 'modeling'? Ever hear of the GIGO principle?

Wake me up when global warming predictions are based on something other than junk science.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Just get the Pa. Farm Show to hold their convention there. You'll get the worst weather winter can throw at you that week. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak