OT: Captain Scarlet

[I know this is not model-related, but since I've seen quite a few Gerry Anderson modelers on this NG I thought I'd spread the word...]

PETITION FOR A BOOK OF CAPTAIN SCARLET COMIC STRIPS REPRINTS!

The Spectrum Headquarters site

is trying to make the news this time, by offering to its visitors the possibility of signing an online petition, that will eventually be presented to the Carlton Publishing Group of Carlton International. This petition will ask that Carlton would consider the possibility of releasing a book similar to the one that was released last year, and in which were collected reprints of TV Century 21 strips of "Thunderbirds". Considering the now very likely possibility that the new Captain Scarlet CGI series - which is presently in preparation - will indeed be aired soon on TV, and the merchandises that will surely be associated to it, this very well could mark a great opportunity for Carlton to release those old strips of the ORIGINAL hero.

None of the strips run were ever reprinted entirely. So you are all invited to read the petition, and add your signature to it. This site will make contact with other related sites, to see if they would accept to put a link through this petition, so it would be possible to generate as many signatures as possible.

If you own a Gerry Anderson related site yourself, you're welcome to use the link and the button, and to contact me so I would be able to express my thanks to your interest, and add your name to the list of links and sponsors to this project.

The petition can be found at

Thanks! M. J. Rudy snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com OR snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

M. J. Rudy