OT: Colin Powell Resigns

Good riddance. Talk about an amazing disappointment. We all thought he was a good guy. But the UN speech blew his credibility to smithereens. WMD? Sheesssssh.

He had his chance for historical immortality. If he had resigned in protest during the run-up to the Iraq War, perhaps he could have derailed it. A chance like that only comes around once a lifetime.

..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Brrrrraaaaaappp! That's a fart, Uncle Vesster; and it's about all your posts deserve in the way of a reply. You don't deserve a serious reply to your nonsense.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

I agree. He was a wuss - I'll bet Condi has more balls...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

resigned in protest

Maybe he can get his self-respect out of the blind trust now. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

The best you can say about her is at least she isn't Paul Wolfowitz. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

No, that's the best _you_ can say about Condi.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

We could call her Bush's Shadow.

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I wonder how many showers it'll take to feel clean again.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

This is exactly what we were delling about you Ves.

Now why did you LIE to the rest of us here about your plans about what you would do if Bush won reelection ??

You are now a WELL proven liar here..............................

Reply to
AM

Having had the occasion to be Gen. Powells pilot for two years, wuss is hardly the word I would use. He was one hell of a soldier and a personal gentleman. You need oly to see how these guys treat their drivers, pilots and aides to see what kind of guys they are. Powell was number one in my book as was Gen. Carl Vuono. I would go whereever he wanted me to go. Hard to see how a few of you can comment so harshly when you have never met him. I lived on the road with him and can't find anything bad to say. Not that I would if I could...but I can't. Hugh Mills

Reply to
HMills16

Is Powells's name the way HIS is pronounced the common way in the US?

Guess you all know in the UK was say COLLLLLLLLL-IN not CO-LIN. I remember many years ago when he was called it our way and kicked off, cant blame him.

Actually i respect him, not followed much of the recent US politics but he always seemed a man of his word, hate Bush of course, just like Blair although it seems in the UK i was the only one was not anti war and supported it.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

both german and english airplane captains would whack their pilots with riding crops early in ww1. it didn't make for good pilots. i always thought powell a class act even though his politics are not mine.

I probably should have specified 'foreign policy' wuss. His credentials as a soldier and patriot are beyond reproach.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Hello Hugh. I haven't heard from you in quite a while; good to hear from you again. Words from one who is "in the know" are always so much better than all the "guessers." I only met GEN Powell a couple times but I found him to be exactly as you described. Thanks for your post.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

His pronunciation is very different than the norm even here. I'm not sure where it comes from.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

thanks Bill

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

AFAIK it is an affection his mum called him COLIN normal pronouncuation

Reply to
Martin

Wasn't he from the Caribbean?

The Old Timer