OT: Cyrillic Font Help Needed

Hi Guys, I would like to find a font for Windows XP that gives a Russian Cyrillic look to English characters. I've found all kinds of real Cyrillic fonts but you'd need to know Russian in order to read them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene

I don't understand why you want a "Cyrillic looking" font as those are pretty bogus (e.g. putting backwards Rs as they look like the Cyrillic "Ya" letter). and frankly dumb.

If you explain what you want somebody who speaks Russian or another Slavic language can probably pick out the TrueType font symbols for exactly what you want to use.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

MS word has a whole bunch of Cyrillic characters in it- click on insert/symbol and scroll through the dialog box that pops up.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Well, there are bazillions of free TTF fonts available for download. Just do an extensive Googling. However, you suggest that you have already found such, but just need some translation work. Could you type up some sample text, and run it through something like:

...then, take the resulting Russian text, and apply Window's built-in Russian/Cyrillic encoding, using the appropriate fonts?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Hi Guys, Thanks for the help. Somebody has pointed me towards a font that will work perfectly for what I need. Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene

Which is why people look at me strange when I call a certain toy store "Toys Ya Us". :) Certain disc files here are spelled in Cyrillic to confuse the nosy. Very useful, space-efficient letters in that alphabet.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill,

That's true, but not too many words in English have a "shch" cluster in them!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Which Cyrillic letters should be used for "We Be Toys"?

Oops...wait...ethnic humor of a different nature.

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

The one that pops to mind is 'Ashchurch'. It was used as an example of how to pronounce the combination. It has helped when I run into things like 'Szczecin'. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller