OT: DAMN...I just bought another guitar...

Ampeg Dan Armstrong reissue...

...and at least four more are on the list.

Reply to
Rufus

dang, you too? I went to last weekend's Guitar Center labor day thing and came away with an Ibanez acoustic... got a telecaster coming this week....

just when I got over buying models, I find something else to clutter up the place with....

fun, isn't it

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I almost walked out with a Telecaster as well as placing the order for the DA6A...been looking for a butterscotch blonde, American ash Deluxe. But I'm thinking I may drop the "Deluxe" spec because I'm starting to like the C neck over the U neck...I think...

...and I'm looking for a Strat as well. One axe per month...I got a cash flow problem...can't seem to keep it in my pocket.

Reply to
Rufus

my friend bought the butterscotch. I went for arctic white. Seems that whenever he buys something, I have to match him...and I usually go overboard. maybe a cutaway is next, or an SG, or a violin bass..... I emailed Gibson and they sent for free both their Gibson and Epiphone catalogs. Just what I needed.

too bad you can't stick guitars in the attic like models..... the family is getting a bit concerned.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Dont feel bad, I have a 1978 Gibson Les Paul, "The Paul" model. Got it in 78 too :) Also have a Danny Gatton owned 1970 Tele as well. Now what you really want to get into hobby wise is Astronomy. Best bang for the $$ if ya ask me. Tho you can spend a lot if you are so inclined. But large aperture computer aided and or controlled scopes are cheap these days.

Reply to
AM

My main (and first) axe is a '78 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty. Beside that, I have an ivory white '79 Gibson Explorer, a Charvel 12 string acoustic/electric, a Carvin LB-70 bass (circa 1989, I think...), Carvin XV-112 amp, a Carvin V3 stack, and a small recording studio built around a TASCAM 688 and now my computers.

...oh...and an Ampeg DA6A. And a 3" refractor that my grandfather left me.

Reply to
Rufus

Yup...you gotta play 'em. You just gotta...

I think my next is going to be a National Tricone cutaway. Due out at Christmas. Unless I can find a Tele and/or (ok, AND...) a Strat I like before then.

Reply to
Rufus

I started the guitar collecting thing about 30 years ago and now have in Gibsons: LeGrands (2), L5-CT, Byrdland, Es-350t, 57 historic Les Paul Custom, 59 historic ES-335, Chet Atkins CE, 64L7c played through a 62 Ampeg Reverberocket. Now to get back to some modeling..................................jim in san diego p.s forgot the george benson GB-15TR which my wife says is the damn last guitar for the rest of my years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
jimbol51

only thing left in my collection is a martin d18. had it forever and it's sweet. all the electrics were sold/stolen over the years.

Are any people in here into *building* guitars? Y'd think that a penchant for musical instruments and a penchant for building stuff would cross paths and spawn a luthier or two.

This was my venture into that arena: Took me 2 years in time and 2 grand in bits, but *damn* if it ain't the coolest thing I ever made. The intonation's even bang-on. Bugger I can't play it worth beans. ;-)

BD

That's COOL...

I've thought about building an axe more than once...it's just that about anything I'd like to build is already in production.

Reply to
Rufus

ufus

How many rivets are there in a guitar? Best way to paint invasion stripes? Weathering tips?

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Rivets - none.

Screws - plenty.

Painting invasion stripes - with paint...or buy a strap with them.

...or buy one pre-painted:

Weathering - play often, play hard.

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote in news:j%nNg.962412$084.574169@attbi_s22:

There is an SRV replica that looks rather battered. I believe it's called Nr.1

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

do you have any pics of the atkins ce? heard of but never seen.

jimbol51

Reply to
jimbol51

"jimbol51" wrote in news:voBNg.3209$xg7.287 @tornado.socal.rr.com:

True,

But I was referring to the question of how to weather a guitar.

If you want sustain, Ginson is the name!!

Cheers,

Dennis Loep

-(about) 1989 Gibson "The Paul",

-Japanese Solid body (unknown marque) signed by the band "Venice"

-several acoustic guitars

-home made electric ukelele

-Session Rocker (Rickenbacker replica)

Reply to