OT: German translation help?

I'm looking to bid on a kit on German Ebay, but need to know if he can ship to England, and if so how much. If someone can translate the item description and the following I'd be most grateful :)

------------- Hello, Is it possible for you to ship the item to England? If so how much? Regards, Duncan

-------------

Also the item description is the following:

"Ungebauter, unbemalter und in Originalverpackung. Die Einzelteile sind noch Original verschweisst inkl. Beschreibung. Alle Teile vorhanden. Versand übernimmt der Käufer E-Bay ich."

Many thanks,

Duncan :)

Reply to
Deku

"Ungebauter [un - more built], unbemalter [un - more painted] and in (into, within, during, of, at) Originalverpackung [original (originally, raw) - baggage]. The (that, which) components are (being) still (yet, more, another, nor, further, besides, just, as late as) original (originally, raw) verschweisst [verse - knows] incl. Description. All part (share, component, partitions) existing (available, present). Forwarding (dispatch) takes possession (takes charge) the (who, that, which, of, whom) purchaser E-Bay I (one's self, one's own self)."

Thats how my translation software reads it. Sounds like you basic unbuilt, unpainted, all part present discription. The last part foxes me probably "buyer pay for postage" HTH

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Cheers Les! :)

Reply to
Deku

" Les Pickstock" schrieb:

nearby ...

The German text is translated as:

"Unbuilt, unpainted (Model) Kit in original package (box). Kit Parts are still on the Sprue and still wrapped in their unopened plastic bags. All parts available (i.e. no part of the kit is missing).

P&P has to be paid by the buyer/purchaser - E-Bay costs will be paid by the seller/vendor.

hth

----------

Greetz

Bluemax

K'pla! (live long & prosper)

... to send me an email, shake "moc" ...

Reply to
Bluemax

Many thanks Bluemax :)

Reply to
Deku

Deku schrieb:

... you're welcome ...

----------

Greetz

Bluemax

K'pla! (live long & prosper)

... to send me an email, shake "moc" ...

Reply to
Bluemax

save the German page to your watch list, then view in your normal me page and at the bottom of the item page is now in English, its pretty easy to see if he ships overseas.

Some say Germany only but do say will ship overseas for the extra cost. I got a damn rare kit that way, quite cheap too!!

Trouble is most dont take paypal, so have to post Euros.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I'm not a German scholar by any means but I'll give you my attempt at translating your request. Others have done the description.

Hallo,

Können Sie nach England senden? Wenn Sie können, wie viel kostet es? Danke, Duncan

I hope that helps although the grammar might be off.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Thanks :)

He does seem to take cash or bank transfer, but not paypal :(

Reply to
Deku

Cheers Bill! He sent a reply almost instantly, saying he will send to England for 7euros, but I can't work out what the last part means... something about a letter? Any idea what 'mfg' means?

"HAllo,

selbstverständlich kann ich nach England senden würde 7? kosten und wäre ein brief eingeschrieben.

mfg Roman"

Thanks,

Duncan

Reply to
Deku

Deku schrieb:

hehe ... that's a very typical german short term for "Mit freundlichen Gruessen". very often written in small letters and mostly used with email). the meaning of this is very similar to "kind regards" or "greetings" ...

HTH

----------

Greetz

Bluemax

K'pla! (live long & prosper)

... to send me an email, shake "moc" ...

Reply to
Bluemax

Deku schrieb:

it's me again.

the "thing" with the letter is that he will send it as a registered letter ...

----------

Greetz

Bluemax

K'pla! (live long & prosper)

... to send me an email, shake "moc" ...

Reply to
Bluemax

= Registered letter.

= Mit freundlichen Gruessen = with friendly greetings (ie Regards)

Reply to
Buzz

"Deku" wrote

That's AZHosers next screen identity. ;-)

WmB

WmB

Mein Gott! That's all we'd need. He's not fluent in English, I doubt he's fluent 'auf Deutsch'!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

mfg - mit freundlichem Gruss - with a friendly greeting - yours truly

Reply to
MeistervomStuhl