OT: Got a new dog

hi - 6 months ago I lost my dog of 15 years. Your comments and replies helped a lot.

yesterday we came home with a newfoundland/lab mix puppy. 3.5 months old and already 29 pounds.

looks like displaying any models below 6 feet off the ground are shelved for awhile.

Man, this is like having a newborn in the house. I am beat already! Off to Coscto for lots of paper towels... Whee.

Great to have a dog back in the house.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

good deal. sounds like a cool puppy to love.

You wish 6 feet off the ground. Newfies drool higher than that!

Congrats!

My two dogs are always under my model workbench as I build. Nothing better.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

You know how Labs are....everything back of the nose wags. *smirk*

-Kevin in Indy

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

they're too damn happy!

The Lab part will probably ensure you'll have a lifetime puppy. I've never met a 'serious' Lab in my life. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

As long as they don't start eating their own crap... yuck!! Ours used to hump everything in sight, including the visitors' legs. His only ability as a watchdog came from being pitchblack -- some people are so dumb :-) Lived to happy age of 14, put down after cancer started to grip his intestines and he kept passing blood and couldn't stand properly anymore... damn shame.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Reply to
Andrew M

does not matter.

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Thats because they need to do that to rub their two brain cells together ;-)

Reply to
AM

styrene or resin? (^_^)

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> hi - 6 months ago I lost my dog of 15 years. Your comments and replies > helped a lot.

A "dog topic" in RMS always reminds me of my departed, beloved Sheba, a 95 pound rescue Malemute.

Now, what do you think a Malemute in Georgia craves more than anything? Ice cubes! Now, look at an aircraft kit canopy and what does it remind you of? Ice cubes!

Went crazy looking for lost kit canopies before I saw her devour one.

My current dogs, Pepper and Chuck, are very different in age and temperment. Pepper sleeps while I build. Chuck, on the other hand, discovered early that if he slaps a wingtip just right with his paw, the airplane will catapult into the air with delightfully destructive results.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray