OT: July 14th

Ditto. Freedom is something to be celebrated at every opportunity.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Al Superczynski" avait prétendu :

Lol ;:oD Thanks a lot Al. Your message does not amaze me at all, coming from you ,o)

in friendship

Reply to
Flying Frog

intercourse the penguin!

Ï "ARMDCAV" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com...

Yup, the French were the second (after the Greeks of course;-) ) to give light to the World. So here is to them. Happy anniversary and always make the right choices. Pavlos

Reply to
Pavlos the Greek Modeler

Merci les gars!Thanks guys!

From a french modeler states based.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

Ummmm... where? In supporting the Hussein regime?

Reply to
Scott Lowther

And thanks for helping us 225 years ago -- wish we could have returned the favor sooner.

Reply to
Charles Fox

Now, if they'd only helped out 227 years ago, think how much trouble could've been saved.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

tim brimelow wrote: : The French weren't too popular here in Australia a few years back when they : insisted on blowing up their nuclear bombs a few kilometres from Australia.

LOL - or, at least, that's how our media was portraying it. Apparently not too many Aussies ever bothered picking up an atlas to find out where Mururoa actually is...

: Someone even hired a billboard to stick the finger to the frogs. Still they : do hold a great bike race.

: Tim Brimelow

:> > Bill Banaszak :>

:> Not me, still dont touch a French product unless i have no other option : left :> and then i have to think hard. :>

:>

Reply to
Ruediger LANDMANN

Don't forget 12 years of shooting at Allied aircraft in violation of the agreements at the end of the first war. Of course, as long as its only Americans and British being shot at for 12 years, the French and Germans etc. couldn't care a less.

Reply to
SamVanga

seems like they had some other frays going on.

no one is innocent. english skinheads have done some nasty shit to american memorials. i am not defending the french. they are capable of their own fights.

They tried their damndest to protect their business buddy, Saddam Hussein. At the expense of the people of Iraq, and at the peril of the rest of the world. How is this "the right thing?"

Reply to
Scott Lowther

And let's not forget that it's not the first time the Germans have marched through Paris (LOL).

Reply to
Roger Demming

As did the US, right up until the invasion of Kuwait. Then Bush got the call from Riyadh and jumped like the good puppet he was.

And Bush 2 has the heat off him now re Liberia, since the Americans there were evacuated by . . .the French.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

e wrote:

Quite true! I get serious discomfort in the region of the sphincter muscle when I hear people start parroting that old Society of the cincinnatus line of bull about us owing the French eternally for what they did in 1781. Lets be honest, King Louis XVI was anything but a democrat, he was a typical European despot. And he had a number of colonies of his own and the last thing he wanted to do was encourage any independence movements. He and his court sat and watched what was happening over here and were quite amused by it because it was serious trouble for their Imperial competitor England. It wasn't until the Colonists proved they were a serious challenge to British authority at Saratoga that Louis and his Government decided to send us help. And the main reason they did was because a viable challenge to British Power in North America was a distraction for Whitehall that might enable the French to advance their own plans. They didn't enter a war with England to help anyone in the 13 Colonies, it was for their own interests. The old Society of the cincinnatus was a collection of Francophiles and French immegres who were supported from Paris and were dedicated to promoting French interests in the U.S. and during W.W.I they earned their keep. By the Summer of 1915 London and Paris, not to mention Berlin and Vienna, had both realised that they had perhaps bitten off more than they could chew. The propaganda campaign that the French and British created to get the U.S. Into the war on their side was a beauty, and ultimately very successful. One can make a very good case that the biggest American mistake of the 20th Century was made in April of 1917 when we decided to get involved directly in W.W.I. With that act we upset the balance of power in Europe and much of what followed in the next 70 years would stem from that mistake.

Bill Shuey (who has read too much history and become a bit cynical)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"Roger Demming" a formulé la demande :

plonk !

Reply to
Flying Frog

"SamVanga" a présenté l'énoncé suivant :

While by reading answers as yours which one can see to which point the capacity to think of certain persons is limited, and which if press or politicians do not think of their place, they are incapable to use their brain to have their own opinions. It is pitiful!

Reply to
Flying Frog

Après mure réflexion, "SamVanga" a écrit :

You came on the Tour de France? Armstrong is very popular and appreciated for his courage in France. It would be necessary to stop learning tabloids, and to train your brain to think. You will see, it is not difficult when one is dried out...

Reply to
Flying Frog

"Tom Cervo" vient de nous annoncer :

Yep... but certain Americans (and English) are blind man and remember only what helps them in their anti-French speech.

Reply to
Flying Frog