OT: July 14th

Ouch!! :-P

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

there were 8 prisoners. one of them was the marquis de sade.

Amen to that.... "Happy birthday, you SOB, you still owe me money and you smell funny!" doesn't tend to go over well... Besides, Bastille Day's the one thing I have in common with an entire nation. :)

Reply to
EGMcCann

What I was hinting at was if you start pointing fingers at other countries, expect pointing fingers back.....and more of them.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

I know of it, too. Perhaps the greatest battle in Polish history, it shows the world that the fire of freedom has burned in Poland's heart for centuries.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

In so far as your last sentence goes, I think that war is still a cause to many current events. For one, Iraq was created from a Turkish province or provinces by the Treaty of Versailles.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

So who's attacking France? I'm just asking for clarification on how doing what sure seems to the The Wrong Thing is somehow The Right Thing.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Hardly surprising. The DC-3 was the greatest thing in the air at the time it came out; WWII showed the C-47 kicked ass. Woulda been interesting if the Luftwaffe ahd gone to war with Germanified DC-3s rather than Ju-52s...

The Russians sure liked the DC-3, and they stamped out a bajillion of 'em as Li-2's and Il-12/-14 derivatives.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

yeah, i'm going nuts trying to figure out the turret. someone told me the correct cowlings and kit to get them from, but i lost it. do you know?

Yeah, I can't understand either. Let's revert to modelling by the way. Could someone please tell me where I can find the latest 1/35 scale Weapon of Mass Destruction kit? You know, the one including the resin bits. That dumbass of a hobbyshop keeper keeps telling me he has it, but refuses to tell me where. I'm now getting the feeling he is pulling my leg. Could someone please help me? TIA.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Horsecrap. Stop pulling the "Who, ME? I didn't do anything, I swear!" face. It's 100% obvious that you were attacking the French.

Go do it elsewhere.

Reply to
Dan

Exactly, what a knob he is.

Reply to
The Incredible Swearing Man©

True. However, I can't think of any implicit or explicit, widespread, appreciation of the sentiments they promote. Although the local French authorities and even the national ones were quick to condemn the act of defacement, they certainly supported the sentiments expressed.

Reply to
SamVanga

Funny, this pretty well summarizes my view of France at large at least since DeGaulle was in charge. Although, to his credit, at least he was willing to fight, right, wrong, or indifferent.

BTW: I note that you didn't comment on the 12 years of shooting at Allied aircraft in "no-fly zones" despite signed agreements to the contrary. How sadly typical.

Reply to
SamVanga

Not sure about Grunwald, but congrats! The Poles have always been an interesting bunch to me.

And, as my one Polish co-worker tells me, "We are not the same as the Ukrainians!" Actually, I was simply commenting that much of the geography in both places is the same (flat and fairly open).

Reply to
SamVanga

"SamVanga" a couché sur son écran :

Ok, if you want it, here is my opinion : These "no-fly zones" seem to have been larger for "allied" aircraft than on my maps... and when people is at home, like Iraqis were, the allied aircraft out of the official "no-fly zones" were only targets. How many civilain people killed during these 12 years ? Yes I know : not your problem :(

I remind you US and Britts were not alone there, and a lot of anomalies were seen by the other allied Forces on the acts of US and British aviations... but that also, I supposes you ignore it...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Well, how you call a newspaper who resume charges without proof, charges which were totally false but were all the same at the origin of a war, war which continues today if I believe the daily attempts... Articles were numerous about the destruction massive weapons, nuclear Iraqi program, etc. but it was only wind, as proofs made from old university theses! So, if they are not tabloids, or rather if these news papers did not behave how tabloids, they are what? Reliable sources of information?

Without comment ! He doesn't win his money with us, but with american people I guess...

You know very well (or you should owe knowledge) Armstrong was suposed doped as all the cycle champions of this time, because at this moment, there were very big problems of doping in the cycling. His performance was so incredible that he was either doped, or an immense champion. He was so controlled, and it was proved that he was not doped. He is so a very big champion. But he was not the only one to be in the same case... But only his case shocks you because he is an American! Naturally everybody should know that all the Americans are saints, it is evident!

Reply to
Flying Frog

If you can find a 1/35 scale VW Bug kit, you're in business.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Riiiiiiiight.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Yes, our problem: hence the maintenance of the no-fly zones over the last 12 years, which, among other things, helped make Kurdish autonomy a reality in the north.

Pre-Iraq war, the US and UK carried the can in enforcing UN sanctions in the Gulf for over 10 years. Post '93, other contribution was token at best. and a lot of anomalies

Nobody's perfect.

Scott G. Welch Don't tread on me.

Reply to
OSWELCH