OT: July 14th

Today marks the 214th observance of Bastille Day. Let's wish our French friends a good holiday.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

"Bill Banaszak" avait écrit le 14/07/2003 :

Thanks a lot for your kind message Bill.

In friendship

Reply to
Flying Frog

The French weren't too popular here in Australia a few years back when they insisted on blowing up their nuclear bombs a few kilometres from Australia. Someone even hired a billboard to stick the finger to the frogs. Still they do hold a great bike race.

Tim Brimelow

Reply to
tim brimelow

I had been voting for that war long before the 45 min WMD argument, should have been started long ago.......guess the matter of mass killing, imprisiment and family members being tortured, ruled by a dictating madman etc means nothing to you? You of anybody should know why he should have been stopped.

BTW its JuliAn

I also tried to get on that hippy bus convoy as human shields so once i got over there i could kick off and do my bit as i thought right. its people who sit by and do nothing that i hate, then whine about it later.

Reply to
Julian Hales

"tim brimelow" avait prétendu :

Hi Tim,

It is necessary that you know that these tests were not approved by the big majority of the French people also. I work in a nuclear power station, and know very well problem put by the radioactivity, and I guarantee you that it was necessary to be completely an idiot to approve these bomb tests!

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

"Julian Hales" a exposé le 14/07/2003 :

Oops, sorry Julian

Yes of course Saddam was (is ?) a shit. But he is still alive... not the hundred persons killed by this war, and who were not responsible for anything. Moreover the current anti-American and anti-British attempts call it long on the will of the people Iraqi not to remain invaded by foreign powers and nevertheless the party Baas and Saddam is not any more for power since a certain time I guess.

Yep, sorry

Reply to
Flying Frog

Fair points, anyway do have a nice French festival day.

Reply to
Julian Hales

As opposed to us Brits, who actually blew up A-bombs IN Australia !?!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

Using Canadian-made plutonium, from the Chalk River reactor, IIRC.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Wow - what a plank you are, should us as UK citizens, who years suffered at the hands of terrorists like the IRA not buy American as they funded them ?

Open your eyes, the French got it RIGHT (for once!) attitudes like the one you just displayed make you look like a very silly man.

Reply to
The Incredible Swearing Man©

Exactly!

Reply to
The Incredible Swearing Man©

Absolutely; happy Bastille day.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Dans son message précédent, "Stephen Tontoni" a écrit :

Thanks a lot Stephen

Reply to
Flying Frog

It is also my mother's birthday, if I forget it the storming of the Bastille would be only a small violent affair by comparison.

Rick Clark

Reply to
OXMORON1

"OXMORON1" a écrit :

Lol ,;o)))))))) Happy birthday to your Mum Rick

Reply to
Flying Frog

You mean you still haven't forgiven them for "Boney" yet??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

LOL!!!!

What great thread!

It's providing some of the fireworks for Bastille Day!

Salut!!!

BobbyG

Reply to
Bobby Galvez

JuliAn, as usual you missed the point. The celebration is in honor of Bastile Day, the formation of a democratic society by the French PEOPLE. Being pissed at the French governments leaders is one thing, insulting the french people on this their independence day is uncalled for and you owe frog and the citizens of France an apology. Why could you not have just said happy birthday and let it go at that? Better still, said nothing at all. Happy Birthday France and may the sacrifies made by your ancestors not be forgotten.

Reply to
ARMDCAV

My mother's birthday is Saint Patrick's Day. This is awlful convenient in helping to remember the event. For one day, she is Irish. If she can make this small concession, it is not too much to ask all of us to be a little "French" on Bastille Day.

..../Vess Irvine, Estes Park, Colorado, USA

P.S. The French bashing must stop. It is idiotic. ...... plus, a few Foreign Legionaires in Iraq would look pretty fine right about now.

Reply to
Vess Irvine

"EGMcCann" a formulé ce lundi :

Thanks a lot my friend !