OT: July 14th

Ewww. How boring would THAT be?

you should start showing some respect

What if I understand 'em but don't respect 'em? For instance, should I show respect for the Wahabis? The North Korean Commies? Hollywood?

Reply to
Scott Lowther

As for the North Korean Commies of course, they are people too. Wahabis I don't know. Hollywood as an institution not, because judging some of its products it evidently shows no respect for people either.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Uh... yeah! What an original thought. Follow it up, it will be good for everyone concerned.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

It is amazing to note that over 1 million englishmen now live in the Southern areas of France, welcomed by the French for populating the countryside and all. Quite strange indeed!

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

weather and cheap booze.......cant think of another reason

Reply to
Julian Hales

great mental picture of leering tower. quick, somebody scratchbuild it.

Pay attention to quite made ideas. It has no more people who stink in France which there is it somewhere else. It's as if the image that world has of Americans was those of alcoholic obese people. There is it, it's true, but as everywhere, neither more, or less.

The bad wine? Have you already tasted the French wine? That you do not love it, it is your right. To say that it is bad is excessive, unless you are yourself an oenologist with a recognized talent?

Well, I believe that I am going to stop answering your provocations. For the moment I try as much as possible to remain courteous, but I believe that I am going to get excited soon and to become as unpleasant as you.

As I want in no way to fall at this level, I shall stop there this perfectly useless thread. One does not educate an ass with words, but with kicks in the bottom...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Roughly comparable to blaming a rape victim for dressing in a provocative manner. As in "Well, yes, the behavior is wrong, but what did you expect, behaving like that?"

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

If you mean the Wahabbi "sect," as in what most of the Saudi Royal Family is, I'm with you there!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Umineko" wrote in news:3f165d51$ snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au:

You list all the atrocities committed by US forces. I'll list atrocities committed by Japanese forces. I'll start with Nanking and end with the execution of and cannabalism of US flyers by Japanese officers on ChiChi Jima.

Your turn.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"Pipo" wrote in news:3f166c11$0$133$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl:

Yeah what the hell? The Germans just wanted some living space and to redress the grievances of Versailles. Gotta respect that.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Royabulgaf) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com:

You gonna want some ketchup to go with the crow and the humble pie.

Frank

Wednesday, July 16, 2003 4:41 p.m. EDT Pentagon Bombshell: U.S. Uncovers WMD Document 'Mother Lode'

The Pentagon's chief weapons inspector, David Kay, has uncovered what is being described as a "mother lode" of documents in Iraq detailing Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction program.

"I've already seen enough to convince me," said Kay, former U.N. chief nuclear weapons inspector, in an interview aired Tuesday with "NBC Nightly News" anchorman Tom Brokaw.

"We're finding progress reports. [Iraqi scientists] also got financial rewards from Saddam Hussein by breakthroughs, indicating breakthroughs. They actually took ? went to Saddam and said, 'We have made this progress,'" the top WMD prober explained. "There are records, there are audiotapes of those interviews which give us that."

"According to Kay, the Iraqis seem to [have kept] documents on even the most damning evidence," said Brokaw.

In assessing the scope of Kay's find, the NBC newsman proclaimed, "This is a mother lode, an estimated seven and a half miles of documents, many of them collected by U.S. military from [Iraq's] official buildings, but many others handed over by Iraqi civilians."

Iraq's WMD files are currently undergoing a painstaking analysis, said Brokaw, who explained, "Many of them [are] handwritten, have to be scanned into a computer in this small, highly secure facility."

Working with Arabic translators, U.S. weapons experts look for certain clues, including personnel records, foreign purchases and lab results.

The Pentagon's chief weapons prober said he didn't want to go public with details of his find until the case is an indisputable lock. "I know if we can't explain the WMD program of Iraq we lose credibility with regard to other states like Iran, Syria and North Korea," he told NBC.

How long will it take before President Bush is able to reveal what could be smoking-gun justification of his decision to make war on Iraq?

"I think we will have a substantial body of evidence before six months," Kay told NBC.

Brokaw ended his report on Kay's find with a clip of Tuesday's comment by Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., a move the newsman apparently intended as a reminder to Democrats who continue to carp about the lack of WMD evidence that they're liable to be humiliated when the full story is known.

"It's a disgrace that the case for war seems to have been based on shoddy intelligence, hyped intelligence, and even false intelligence," Kennedy complained.

Meanwhile, back in Baghdad, Kay continues to pour over his treasure trove of WMD documents.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Not quite something to start a war with is it? I stick to the second last paragraph.

"Gray Ghost" schreef in bericht news:Xns93BBA98818DC7Wereofftoseethewizrd@206.127.4.25...

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

It's funny that you only here that kind of whining from the folks whose country's started WWII.... Chris C.

REMOVE THE OBVIOUS FROM MY EMAIL ADDY TO REPLY

Reply to
Chris

Only one million? They're outnumbered by the local Arab population by, what, 6 or 7 to one, then, yes?

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Then you'd better ask Saddam why he started the war.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

Errrrmm...

Never been there, so I don't know myself. But my friends who have been their have all made the comment that the Parisians are some stinky folk.

Tastes like booze to me. The wine drinkers I know all prefer Californian Champaigns and Chablis to the French versions.

Do you have a mandate from the UN to do that? Or are you just another warmonger, out to kick some ass for your own reasons?

Reply to
Scott Lowther

I would not waste the words upon you, as the Flying Frog put it so well... one cannot educate an Ass with words, only with kicks in the bottom. Wave your little flag all you like from your soapbox, I have better things to do with my time than waste words of reason on those who are incapable of such.

Reply to
Umineko

never actually heard of miles of paper killing 1000's of people. unless there is hardware to match the paperwork I would have to agree with the initial post

Reply to
Umineko

*plonk*
Reply to