OT: Read Gore's Speech

So does George W Bush. Not the reason anybody I know voted for him. As for Gore's speech I read it as I said I did. More of the same old Bush bashing, fear mongering that has become the calling card of the national Democratic Party since 9/11.

Here's a rundown of the facts that Gore cited that can be substantiated. To his credit:

1) Gore is a politician. [Commentary: Draw your own conclusions] 2) America was viciously attacked on 9/11/01 3) The President's name is Bush [Commentary: If the leader of the Goonies can accept this, why can't his dull witted minion?] 4) Osama Bin Laden is a terrorist 5) Israel has a high court 6) Rumsfeld is Secretary of Defense. 7) The unnamed AG is a Republican 8) Two of the terrorists could have been identified as people of interest prior to the attack [Commentary: That would require some big brother looking over shoulders, records, raw data, etc. Isn't the whole point of Former VP Gore's speech to poo poo such dastardly acts of tyranny? Cake.. have it... eat it. Ring a bell there Lumpy. ]

9) Gore has heard of the Alien and Sedition Acts {Commentary: So have I and I didn't get to be President either.]

10) Tom DeLay is the Republican leader of the House of Representatives {WRONG ANSWER: Sorry ding-dong, we were looking for Dennis Hastert here.]

The rest are half truths couched with typical Gore spin. Why doesn't Gore just quit dancing around, be a man and call Bush a nazi like he really wants to deep down in his heart of hearts.

No news here. Wake me in 11/04.

Get used to the rough ride pumpkin, if you're going to insist on posting your political baiting in a crowd of people that didn't come here for any of that shit.

We're done here.

WmB

Ps. Four.... Five more years!

Reply to
WmB

Someone is keeping score, just about now the score is probably Vess 2 Group 45.

One may also get pointed out as a good guy, good modeler, good friend or or in certain individual cases pointed out as a "belligerant asshole" or "blithering idiot" or "rejected by the Rama Lamas"

A really obnoxious person might get appointed pooper scooper for the Mon-Key.

Oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

Dan's Mon-Key. Now there's a war of wits I'd like to see Vess wage.

WmB

WmB

Glad you read the speech. My mission accomplished. /V

for Gore's speech I

that has become

such dastardly acts

and I didn't get

just quit dancing

Reply to
Vess Irvine

You lost me. I cannot connect "pathetic" with "apology." Seems like the two words are from a different universe. You may also note that my "crime" to Mr. Woodier was clicking the wrong button. There was nothing rancid in the messages accidently sent, just my usual politics and restrained commentary.

What I got back, well lets just say in compares up there with the best of Paolo Pizzi.

.../V

P.S. I plan not to publish Mr. Woodier's e-mails to me. I do have standards. P.S.S. Have you forwarded my apology? P.S.S.S. If not, why not?

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Y'know ... I was thinking of helping you out but I consider attempting to extort forgiveness to be bad form. Actually, it's about as low as a life form can get ... "Forgive me or else!"

BuhBYE!!

Dean

Reply to
Dean Eubanks

Yes, perhaps you are right. I should have thought it thru bettter. ..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Just standard English, Einstein.. Try to keep up.

The error was yours, not the recipient.

Apparently posting harrassing threats fit just under the bar.

He sees it now.

I'm not your pimp. Get yourself out of your own droppings.

WmB To reply, get the HECK out of there snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
WmB

If your mission is to turn off potential swing voters, well yes then, give yourself a pat on the back.

For me personally, the single thing you've most accomplished in my mind is to give me the impression that you do not have much interest in building models.

WmB

To reply, get the HECK out of there snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.netB

Reply to
WmB

Not bad WmB. Actually a reasonable response, for the most part.

Mentioning Mr. Gore's family history of service only means that as a respected citizen with a good tradition, we should give weight to his words. This is not meant to make light of the Bush family tradition of service.

that has become

Bush bashing it is, serious heavyweight Bush bashing. Actually in that speech, I think Ashcroft gets bashed most, but Bush is the boss, so he takes the heat too; correctly so.

Oh come on now. Do you really believe that Bush would be President today if not for his family? Could he have even been considered for the job based on the merits of his own accomplishments? That the laugher of the day folks.

agreed

not sure what this implies. Israel is a Democracy. They too have politican problems. Democracies do run off course from time to time, but are usually self correcting.

agreed

yes, the only Senator to lose an election to a dead man ....

such dastardly acts

Let's await the Congress commision report on what really happened on 9/11. "Big Brother" tendencies are a very real problem we need to address.

and I didn't get

I too have heard of that Act, but was it not considered a sameful business? It was before my time, so I honestly know little about it.

not material

just quit dancing

Snooze, you lose ..... [gotcha]

But you love it, don't you ..... gives you a chance to make your own beliefs known to one and all

Reminder dude. All I said was "read the speech" and think about what it all means. Hardly political baiting. I think what has followed from that may be construed as baiting, on both sides.

You call me a "pumpkin," WmB, with the implication that I am a political novice out of my league. In this you have come close to the truth of the matter. I am naive and inexperienced in such affairs. Perhaps my chirping up here is an indication of the alarm with which I view the direction in America today. Aeronautical Engineers (Ex) are not grounded nor nurtured in the swamp of politics.

Nevertheless, as I have mentioned before, now is as good a time to get bruised and battered by the likes of you. Use me as your punching bag if you like. People will notice, take sides and hopefully take a stand.

Every time you use the "s..t" word means 10 more votes for the Democrats in

2004, modelers one and all.

Vess Irvine Estes Park Colorado USA

Reply to
Vess Irvine

"Vess Irvine" wrote

Nope, sorry, won't happen. It looks like you'll have to go to your grave knowing that Bill Woodier is pissed off at you - and you didn't even intend to make him mad.

Wow.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"Vess Irvine" wrote . . .

. . . Thrirty-nine lines of text in response to another message.

And this is a guy who doesn't have the time to discuss politics with Al?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Again you are partially correct.

I have lots of interest in building models, that is why I became an Aeronautical Engineer. But the truth is my productivity is low in that regard. Right now I have three plastic armor projects awaiting paint and one cardstock model, ModelArt's super realistic 3,000 part paper F-15 in various cut out pieces.

But it is true other priorities are more important:

1) Running a sotware company which is somewhat in a turn-around status. New version release will do the trick, I hope, and lead to fame and fortune. Tough racket to be in. Every MIT whiz kid is your competitor. 2) Living in Estes Park, with 415 square miles of national park wilderness to play in. 3) Trying to achieve concert level performance skill on the piano. Very difficult.

So if you think I am full of hogwash, at least believe me on the F-15; that it is a terrific model worthy of your checking out.

......../V

P.S. Thanks for the "Screw Gore's Speech" title in your response. Another 10 Democrat votes in 2004. Good work.

give yourself a pat

to give me the

Reply to
Vess Irvine

ok he gets 10 and a good prez gets 4 more years

And G*D* it I blocked this lib once...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

TomGAJ wrote: