OT: Read Gore's Speech

Sounds more like americans flexing their right to free speech to me.

TTom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

He failed to mention there is a sunset clause in the Patriot Act. No US

*citizen* (note his choice of word and the fact it is not resident or illegal alien) has been detained without due process per the Constitution. Most of his spewings in that speech were pure party bashing with that being his primary intent. This being as transparent as it was, his opening his yap in this instance makes him a fool.

Something from the Clinton impeachement mess. I paid enough attention then to know it was a stupid (note stupid vs, ignorant) remark, now I just don't give a crap.

What's this back to? Right now paint is drying and I'm taking a break.

Reply to
Ron

I don't know about that fruitcake remark...I am proud to be a rightie...and most of us prefer less gov't,not more In most instances its the lefties that care how many books you borrow from the library,although exceptions could be made in cases of emergancy...or don't you think osama wanting to blow away anyone who doesn't agree with him counts? PS & FYI I am not in the NRA,never having owned or fired a weapon,and having no interest in same.But I do support the right to. So there. Now I can check to see if everything is dry on my Italeri F-21...(Look!An on-topic reference!)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Ah, thanks. So, not even a tenth of what Mr. Gore said was true, then?

Ah. Yes, that would be a stupid comment (assuming that your Supreme Court has the same authority in this kind of case that ours does, of course).

Reply to
Rob Kelk

I didn't say that. I did note a failure to provide full info on his part (sunset clause), one false statement (US citizen remark) and the clear intent to party bash on his part. The fact that anyone can see the party bashing intent without even thinking about it makes him a fool. For my part as soon as bashing starts I lose interest because it is obvious there is nothing positive that politician can think of, his goal is simply to tear down the other side.

Supposedly they do but impeachment is a process run by Congress not the SC. Either way the remark was just plain stupid.

Reply to
Ron

Nothing wrong with being a rightie. Let's not forget that a lot of the people whose exact marking schemes we debate (or squabble about ;-)) gave their lives to make sure we had a society where I can think what I think, and you can think what you think, without it being a capital offence...

Best regards, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bacon

Not quite enough:

Jimmy Carter: Pussy

WmB

WmB

Oh, I agree. That just happens to be the most often heard phrase when I get into any heated "Civil War" discussions with my southern brethren around here. The fur usually starts to fly when I get around to pointing out that had I been alive I would have fought for the Union. At least I think I would have. Nobody really knows until it's their balls up their on the anvil, but I can't see how I could ever go up against Old Glory.

WmB

WmB

I think it had to do with Gore and that whole mess the elder statesman got into with the Buddhist monks and their campaign contributions. Chinagate?

WmB

WmB

Unlikely. Every time a nuke has been developed or used, a Democrat was holding the reins.

WinBear

Reply to
WinBear

One more and out. I never claimed to be the smartest kid on the block, Bass (not that it bothers me what you think of me one way or the other). I wouldn't call my posts to the good Mr Irvine particularly vicious or backstabbing, particularly compared to many others that have shown up over time. However, it does get frustrating when a guy like him continually loads this thread with half-truths and ill-thought guano that he, himself, does not even understand. And there's something else. While I freely admit that I do get involved in these political off-topic threads more than I, myself, would like, I do post on modeling related topics as well. I can't remember the last time he posted a modeling-related post. Did I respond to him in a firm or biting manner after a while; yes, I did. However, I think he earned it

That said, let's switch to the last topic of my discussion; the e-mails (since you brought it up). I firmly believe he sent those e-mails (yes, plural as in two separate ones) to me deliberately. I could (possibly) accept that he sent me one e-mail by accidentally hitting the wrong button. However, he sent me two separate and distinct e-mails at separate and distinct times. That points to one of two possibilities: 1. He's an idiot. 2. He sent them deliberately and is now trying to cover it up (hmmmm; maybe that's why he's so fonda Clinton (yes, pun intended). I don't mind conducting off-line discussions. However, it's rude to intrude on another person's personal e-mail with an argument without confirming that the other party does, in fact, wish to continue the discussion. In my case, I made it clear to him that I had blocked him and wanted no further contact but he intruded on me anyway.

At any rate, I'm done with him. I've blocked him from my NG reader and from my personal e-mail.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Or Henry Kissenger and le Dak Tho??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Cheer up! Multi Billionaire Georg Soros has announced that he and a bunch of his rich liberal friends are going to create a multi-billion dollar "soft money" fund to help defeat George W. The world will be secure when someone who owes their shirt to Mr. Soros is sitting in the Whitehouse, I'm sure.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Gee, now the Democrats get to have lots of money from rich people too? I doubt I'd care much for Soros if I got around to finding out what he stands for, but tell me, did he have a management position in Halliburton or Enron? Maybe then I'd be more inclined to feel comforted by his influence.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Who cares about your political views? I thought that was spelled 'modeller' in the Queen's English. Are you an expatriate Yank or a Brit that can't spell properly? The model(l)ing world awaits your response to this important issue....... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Wrong again. I got so tired of his email diatribes that I finally had to block him. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd actually been willing to engage in a debate.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I don't think so. He's more into currency speculation and manipulation. He also contributes to ANSWER, a virulently anti-American organization.

Well, at least he's an equal opportunity oppressor. He hurts the rich and poor alike.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Al Superczynski" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Strange.. let me get this straight. If Vess does send you guys e-mails, and you want a debate with him, and yet you state that he says he has no time to debate with you, what are you sending eachother then? Proclamations?

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen