OT - Silly season postings.

I'm pretty impressed - the silly season has not engendered much wrangling here, as opposed to four and eight years ago.

I wonder - is it a function of folks moving to web-based forums for modelling discussions, or are the folks in here a bit more civilized than last time?

[crossing fingers that Vess Irvine doesn't show up],

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

the survivors here are a pretty decent bunch.

Reply to
someone

I second that! :-)

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

I've survived, not that I was ever here from that long ago. The buggers wouldn't let me post though! You know, I think a lot of people have dropped out of Usenet because their ISP no longer carries it and going third party is either too expensive or an unnecessary hassle. Goolge Groups posters lose out because lots of folks have a universal killer on Google posts thanks to theChinese spammers. Or you go with Newsdemon and they ignore your requests to transfer your permissions to a new account.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

it's worth $10 a month for me. just to keep up with tunes.

Reply to
someone

Must not be hunting season in Texas yet. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I mentioned quite awhile ago the low message count. I can remember when daily traffic to rms was about 150 posts a day. Lately if we get 1/10 that many, it is a good day.

I was talking to one of the used-to-be regulars the other day at a big model show. He said he hadn't been on rms for a couple of years. I have had similar conversations with others. Yeah, many have gone to web-based forums. Others joined in, however. Many of us like the fact that rms covers all genres and all topics. Where do you find such good discussions of tools, paints, etc. There were those of us who always opposed the repeated calls to split the group by genre. Maybe those who wanted the split are those who have left. Most of the web-based forums I am familiar with are single genre groups.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Ed Pirrero wrote in news:f48fc330-df02-4ab4-8ec0- snipped-for-privacy@u57g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

One of the other forums I'm on has devolved into an ugly mudfight with lots of profanity, insults and absurd claims. It's amazing how unenlightened the self proclaimed enlightened really are. It is one side more than the other, though I expect many of these will go away after the election so we can attempt to resume the intended purpose of the forum.

I think despite some flare ups in the past we tend to respect each other because of the hobby. While there are people here I would disagree with were we on that subject, I have found that thier love and knowledge of the hobby far more important than partisan wrangling.

I've learned much and acquired much from my fellow hobbyists, here and at other forums. I've experienced great generostiy and tried my best to return it.

Who in thier right mind would want to jeapordize that for partisan bickering that one can find almost anywhere else?

My modeling is (supposed to be) a respite from all in life that is noisy and disturbing and stressful. I hope to keep it that way.

May your seams be invisble, your needles clear and the little bits out of the carpet.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

And most important - your Exacto's always land handle end FIRST! (Have we all been there, done that?)

Reply to
Andrew M

Actually, Frank, you have historically been one of the worst offenders. Right up there with Vess.

Both four and eight years ago.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Ed Pirrero wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b31g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

But nary a peep this season. Thanks for being an asshole and bringing it up.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@b31g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Wow. E-courage. Some things never change.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Ed Pirrero wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c22g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

FOAD pig. Don't like me than kill file me. Otherwise kill yourself.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Ed Pirrero wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c22g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

Better yet PLONK you.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@c22g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

om:

LOL. More Keyboard Kourage.

The funny thing is that you are one of the noisiest offenders in the OT politics blatherfest, then wax poetic above how you don't want to mix politics and modelling. I find these facts to be very amusing.

Plonking me won't change you, Frank. You'll still have you to deal with.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Personally, I think Wilkie has a good chance.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

yah, vin vit vendall.

Reply to
someone

I'm pretty sure he's dead. Which means he's as good a candidate as any of the rest of them. :)

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

OM wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Like I care, who even saw these names before.

FWIW. I have very strong feelings about this election. But I chose very deliberately to stay off the subject for exactly the reasons I pointed out. I prefer this be an oasis from that other pointless crap as I have other places to express it.

Yet some piece of shit can't wait to stir the pot. He has to carry a four year old grudge. Don't really care what the turd has to say, people like that aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell. All they want is to drop a match into a puddle of gas and then step back and feel superior.

Frank

Reply to
Harry Callahan
[snip ranting]

Seek medical help, Frank.

You got a really big mouth, and that's fine - after all, on the internet you can get away with all sorts of things that you couldn't in person.

But in the end, you still have to live with you. And I can see how very difficult that is for you.

The only person with a grudge here is you. Which is why you very desperately need to seek a mental health professional. That kind of anger can kill a person.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero