OT sort of: Stencils on ship's overhead piping....

gonna be moving soon and the central heating and piping goes thru the garage and my soon to be hobby space. I thought to brighten things up and to annoy the family that I would paint the appropriate stencils on the hot air ducting on the ceiling to appear to be in the belly of a ship.

Where would I find color pics of what the usual stencils would look like and say? I was thinking of using AVGAS, STEAM.... what else is there?

thx - Craig

Reply to
who me?

Here's a *short* list...

FIREMAIN

CHILL WATER

STEAM

STEAM DRAIN

HOT WATER

FUEL OIL

SEWAGE

google on "NSTM" the Naval Ships Technical Manual for a lot more examples ! Colors matter too:

Potable water is painted blue Fire main is red Sewage lines are brown (go figure) Fuel is yellow Steam lines are lagged in white

hth

Reply to
John Bonnett