OT - Target Practice

Pa. man fires cannon, hits neighbor's house
Friday, September 4, 2009
(09-04) 06:58 PDT Uniontown, Pa. (AP) --
A Pennsylvania history buff who recreates firearms from old wars
accidentally fired a 2-pound cannonball through the wall of his
neighbor's home.
Fifty-four-year-old William Maser fired a cannonball Wednesday evening
outside his home in Georges Township that ricocheted and hit a house
400 yards away.
The cannonball, about two inches in diameter, smashed through a window
and a wall before landing in a closet. Authorities say nobody was
hurt.
State police charged Maser with reckless endangerment, criminal
mischief and disorderly conduct.
No one answered the phone Friday at Maser's home. He tells WPXI-TV
recreating 19th century cannons is a longtime hobby. He says he is
sorry and he will stop shooting them on his property, about 35 miles
southeast of Pittsburgh.
Reply to
Musicman59
Which reminds me, did you all catch the first 'Lock And Load' with Ermey? The Civil War cannons were filmed here in Lancaster County and are owned by our former mayor. He was the chubby guy with blondish hair. Many of his collection were used in the film 'Gettysburg.'
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
William Banaszak