OT: The winner of Super Bowl XL is...

Even though the AFC usually makes me regret it when I pick in favor of them or pick against them...

... Pittsburgh by 10... so sez the bleeding at the arse Panthers fan.

So, are you watching the game tonight? Who's your pick and spread?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I was watching Charles Osgood this morning and the Chicago Bears won Super Bowl XXII (electric football that is).

Ray Aust> Even though the AFC usually makes me regret it when I pick in favor of them

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

...the team that scores the most points. ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Me, 'cause I'll be working on my 1:40 Heller Coleopter, to be followed by a glass (or two) of Merlot and a good book.

Reply to
The Old Man

1/40 scale? You sure you weren't *already* imbibing on that Merlot?
Reply to
Al Superczynski

Sitting here looking over the parts for my Ju-52 and Dry-Brushing the Details inside the Cockpit and Cabin area. and Listening to the "STONES" for Half-Time and the score is 3 to 6 steelers

... Carl ...........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

No, I've scaled it out. This the first issue from the late 1950s or early 1960s, no decals. Go to Yahoo BoxArt to check out the, well the Box Art. Green Background. I'm told that the later boxart (black border that included decals) was 1:48, but I can't verify that. The Merlot is fine BTW. 8-P

Reply to
The Old Man

Seattle got robbed due to the pisspoor referees making two bad calls. Those pieces of crap in stripes should have just work steelers jerseys

Reply to
bigjim

Damn I'm good... and if the referees had been too the score would have been more like

17-14 in favor of the Seahawks. 2005 has to be one of the worst years for blown calls I can recall, SB-XL was no different. Then again the referees didn't miss two field goals either - so congrats to the Steeler fans... and my point spread. ;-)

So how are the builds coming - and the Merlot... hiccup...

WmB

P.S. Paul Giamatti and Merlots, permanently linked in my mind thanks to the movie "Sideways".

Reply to
WmB

I won...I spent the day with my girlfriend ;-)

Reply to
eyeball

wrote

A second replay or something for those - like me - who didn't catch the first one.

That's hardly proof that he knew he didn't make it.

Rather, I'd think, "At a minimum. . ."

Not at all. I just mention it as a counter to those - like Tontoni - who throw "fix" about so freely. If they wanted to make the fix more plausible they would've let the Steelers score on their first drive.

No, but again, if a fix was wanted, why not use something like this?

I won't argue Madden or Young. . .

What was Madden's or Young's summation of the game as a whole? Was it ". . .a good team can overcome one or two bad calls but there were just too many in this game for the Seahawks to overcome" or was it "a good team can overcome one or two failures to produce but there were just too many in this game for the Seahawks to overcome"?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Thanks but if the kit's scale is indicated on the box it's too small to be legible.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

If not a "fix", what else would you call it when the referees were obviously biased heavily against the seahawks? That was really about par with WWF, or whatever they call professional wrestling now. Had the refs done their jobs, I think the score would have been 24-0 Seattle at half time and people would have turned off their sets; everyone says they hate a superbowl blow-out, so the refs got creative.

HOWEVER... although the officials did everything they could to keep the steelers in the game during the first half (it took well into the second quarter for the steelers to get a first down at all!), the seahawks blew many opportunities to beat the steelers AND the officials at the same time.

You could sense the seattle defense soften in the second quarter; they were playing very tentatively and were shaken. Holmgren should have gotten them fired up for the third quarter --- what I expected --- but the seahawks never got back the momentum with which they began the game.

People here in Seattle are saying 'what until next year', but I'm thinking this is like wrestling... why bother. Like my dad used to say, TV spoiled wrestling, which was a sport before it was entertainment. For TV, they came up with the characters, evil and good etc, and they scripted it. I wonder if TV has destroyed football the same way. Call it sour grapes if you like, but it seems that if this is how football will be played from now on, stick a fork in it. It's finished.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

not on cable, bill? with dish sooper duper, there are 3 history, 5 science,

3 discovery and 2 cartoon channels. life is good.

Argh! That's one of the few satellite channels I miss. Discovery and TCM are the others.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Apparently, the whole day since you waited until tonight to post. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

So then...what was the NFL's rationale for making sure the Steelers won?

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

So Mean Joe Greene wouldn't rip their ears off when his alma mater didn't win? Some of us remember what he used to do with refrigerators... ;-)

Reply to
MJ Rudy

To make up for sticking it to 'them' last year in the AFC championship game :-)

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

Al - Just to make sure, I went out to the workshop and checked the instructions, which plainly state 1:40.

Reply to
The Old Man