P-51 experts please help with cripes a'mighty 4th

Hello! I'm continuing building the subject but the photos in the internet wouldn't show all the details needed.I'm not sure was it or wasn't wire antenna and underwing pylons installed on this aircraft.All the photos I found are of the bad quality.Thanks.

Victor.

Reply to
Victor Bykov

Hi Victor

I do not what to be classed as a "Expert". However, I have studied Preddy a lot. One of the best references is the book "George Preddy - Top Mustang Ace" by Joe Noah and Sam Sox. If you are interested in Preddy, go right now and get a copy. No I said go right now. I'll wait. hmmmmm. Ok your back, right, look on page 159 and you will see a very good photo of "Cripes A'Mighty". It was fitted with the standard under wing pylons, and it did not, I say again it did not have the wire antenna. At that time, the radio used by the squadron did not require it. Now I can't wait for the "Experts" to say other wise. Hope this helps.

PS I have added some wed sites you my find of interest

I have the honor to be, Very respectfully yours,

Tom

Reply to
Anderson