Punch and die sets

Hi All

I just finished a search of 'Punch and die sets'. The much wanted Waldron set seems unavailable. I did find a set sold by Verlinden for $70.00. Does anyone have any experience with this tool. I really need a punch set basly.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill

I have the larger Waldron set, and get quite a bit of use out of it - mostly on plastic sheet, though I do use it to punch round dots of decal sheet from time to time for use on things like fuel caps.

If all you need to punch are round holes, I'd consider making your own punch set. I've thought about making one of my own...if you have access to a drill press, and a set of numbered/lettered drill bits you can drill the metal punch plate and mating plexiglass guide and then buy matched drill rod to make the punches. Or even cut the shanks from broken drill bits for the punches - just grind them square.

I'd REALLY like to get hold of some of the Historex hex and square punches, but I can't seem to find a source in the USA.

Reply to
Rufus

One retail outlet that stocks both of the Waldron punch and die sets is Hobbies West in Westwego, Louisiana. Call Jerry at 888-340-2121 and inquire. He's open Tuesday thru Saturday, 10am CST.

Lee

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Bill at snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote on 8/23/03 12:33 PM:

Reply to
Lee Coll

Thanks everyone.

I'll look again for the Waldron set. If that doesn't work I'll make the call listed. I like the idea of making them. If the cost is too high I condsider it.

Thanks again Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yes - you are describing "the Handsomest Modeler along the Gulf Coast"

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, jerry 47 at snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net wrote on 8/25/03 3:15 AM:

Reply to
Lee Coll

Is that big ole fat Jerry, a really nice guy, who used to set up at shows in the SE US? Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47