[Q] Fujimi 1/48 BF-110C/D?

Any comments on this kit? I just found it at a local shop, and was wondering if there're any other variants of the 110 in 1/48.

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

It's a decent kit with good, sharp molding and recessed panel lines although, at some 20+ years old, it shows its age in level of detailing, especially in the cockpit.

True Details made a resin cockpit for it 4-5 years ago and it may still be available.

Revell-o-gram makes a radar-equipped G-4 and a non-radar equipped G2 in the same scale.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

the promodeller g4 have any extras from the stock revell?

The ProModeler was the G-4 nightfighter and the Revell kits were G-2 dayfighters. Other than being different versions, there really was no difference in the kits. Note that there are two Revell G-2 kits, with the ZG1 boxing having a resin nose for the machine gun nose while the other boxing only has the 30mm cannon nose like the G-4 boxing.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

You may want to check out Osprey's "Building the Messerschmitt Bf 110" by Brett Green of

He builds a day and a nachtjager version of this kit. Curt

Reply to
C Knowles

Some nose antennas that fall off if hit with more than a gentle breeze, slightly different cockpit (for Schrage Muzik installation, which I don't recall seeing on the G2,) flame dampers for the exhaust.

Reply to
EGMcCann

i just have the g4. think i saw some detail sets.

The Fujimi kit is nice, however, the cockpit detail is lacking as with all Fujimi kits. I highly recommend the True Details interior.

The only major problem with my Fujimi was that the fuselage was warped slightly toward the tail. I didn't notice until I had glued on the large tail section. By then it was too late. Although perfectly flush to the fuselage mating surface, the tail sat at an angle.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

I'll add that having both kits, the Fujimi one seems a bit "undersized" when compared to the Monogram one, and that I can recall hearing others comment to that effect.

Still, the Fujimi kit is not a bad kit. And I believe that Eduard also makes an etch set for it.

Reply to
Rufus

Best investment you can probably make is to replace those plastic radar antennae in the kit with a set of brass ones from Cutting Edge - that's what I intend to do with mine.

They are listed by radar type, so you have to do some homework to figure out which one(s) are suitable for the aircraft you're modeling - they make a bunch of them.

Reply to
Rufus

i got the pro g4 for a song, so i can justify the upgrades. saw one, at least in this month's squadron.....him, ramen anyone? btw, seeing yours was an inspiration.

i will, thanks rufe. if i can't puzzle it out, i'll ask here. can you mod a subtype just by radar?

I recall that this kit was a SENSATION when it was first released in the mid-70s. "Scale Modeler" magazine absolutely raved about it. It should serve as a good benchmark for the state of the art for aircraft kits in the 1970s.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

I *love* Ramen noodles. Chicken or Oriental flavors for me. ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

yeah well, when i want a toy, the food budget goes for the toy....and i live on ramen. suffering for the art.....

-e

i just like the scale. them /172 kits are getting me all squinty eyed. a 1/32 early, (bob or even spanish civil war)

110 would be good. i'm glad i bought the nightfighters book, there's a guy's plane i want to build.

Sort of. I seem to recall seeing some decal sheets (Aeromaster?..) that had some different schemes, but the radar fitment was different amongst them. Which might make it sort of neat to have a couple, with two different antenna sets and different paint.

Reply to
Rufus

There is a 1/32 G kit out there from Revell that shouldn't be too hard to find. Eduard makes some nice etch for it.

There was also a C (which I have one of) - in the "History Makers" series which is a bit harder to come by. I plan to try and adapt some of the parts from the G etch set for use on my C. Someday...

Reply to
Rufus

the all black machines were pre-radar? and the little pointy antenna's were early, as were the horizontal opposed to canted? seems like a lot of possibilities. would still love a 1/32 bob. that honker hanging would be imposing.