[Q] Fujimi 1/48 BF-110C/D?

really? never even heard of it. never saw one on ebay. anyone here have one to sell or trade?

I wnet and checked the available Aeromaster sheets - yes; ;they have one or two for 110G night fighters which show some differing radar antenna configurations - sheets 48-559 and 48-567. Neat, darker schemes, not overall black, though.

Yes - I built one incarnation of the Revell 1/32 110 as a kid...it was about the size of a 1/48 B-17 (which I also did). Was an imposing presence.

Reply to
Rufus

There were some early model 110s pressed into service as nightfighters and they were painted black. I don't think they carried radar. If you get too deeply into it you'll find that German machines did change designations by changing or adding equipment to existing airframes. Usually they added suffixes with slashes.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Scale Modeler frequently raved about kits. "ne plus ultra" seems to have been their favourite phrase to apply.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Just a wrecked 'G' in need of restoration here and I don't think it's whole.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

sigh, another quest, one more grail. any help out there, guys?

got to read the nightfighters book again. that would be a nice machine in 1/32. i must have seen a picture somewhere, that's why the all black scheme stuck in my head.

isn't that a 1/48, bill? i have a sealed 1/48 g4.

Yes - the /R1, /R2, etc. stuff.

Reply to
Rufus

There's a 1/32 G out there, too...at least it's a 1/32 scale radar equipped night fighter. That's the one I built as a kid..I left the radar off and painted it as a day fighter.

I got the History Maker edition somewhere just a few years back, at the OC swap meet.

Reply to
Rufus

maybe i'll get lucky and find one. would look really neat being chased by a easrly hurri nightfighter.

Why wouldn't the Monogram kit seem a bit "oversized" compared to the Fujimi kit? Which has the more accurate dims?

Reply to
famvburg

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:25291-4003DF9F-287@storefull-

3174.bay.webtv.net:

You have to remember that during the seventies as scales were sorting out an attempt was made to do the 1/25, 1/50, 1/75, 1/100, 1/200 range by countries using the metric system. I believe that most of the Fujimi kits from that period are probably 1/50. A group of the Tamiyas are too. Plus several of the older WWI planes now in the hands of SMER.

Doesn't mean they aren't accurate or not well made for thier time, just they are a might small in a 1/48 collection. Kind of a PITA when they are advertised as 1/48, though.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

From what I've heard, it's the Fujimi kit that measures out small - like 1/50 or something vs accurate 1/48.

But don't take my word...get out a ruler.

Reply to
Rufus

Just don't use the AJ-Press C/D drawings as reference, fuselage too long, doesn't even match the dimensions published in the same book. Koku-Fan FAOW drawings are better. I'm still not sure if the kit has too square wingtips.

Bye

vedran

Reply to
Vedran Kalamiza