[Q] V-1 bomb in luft46 designs?

Just got hold of Tamiya's beautiful 1/72 Fiseler V-1 bomb, and I'm thinking of doing something different from the bomb on trolley look.

Were there any Luft 46 designs that used the V-1 bomb?

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

IIRC the model is a standard V-1, yes? About the only other way to go is the Fiesler piloted version; the pilot was ostensibly to bail out during the final target run. I can't see how; you'd get sucked into the engine! hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Dragon used to make a Ar 234 B 'huckebak' version with the V-1 carried piggyback on the 4-jet version of the 234.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

That and the Fi.103 "Reichenberg" manned variant. Ford Motor Co. also made a knock-off JB-1 'Loon', IIRC that was tested towards the end of the war and postwar for about five years or so.

The Old Timer

Ah, 1/72? If you mean their 1/48 kit, it is actually a stinker. Inaccurate in almost every detail.

Reply to
steve gallacci

"Sir Loin of Beef" wrote

Yes, the one with a radioactive silica "dirty bomb" warhead.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

"The Old Timer" wrote

More than just tested - they made several thousand. The plan was, come September 1945 and beyond, to hit the Japanese with something like 2000 JB-1s _per day_, just to keep them on their toes. They were also scheduled to drop anthrax spores and rice blast virus.

Total War.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

dropped by a me 264?

Downward-firing ejector seat? Or just an underside escape hatch?

The "Bulletstopper" volume of the "Luftwaffe 1946" comic book shows Daimler-Benz/Focke-Wulf Projekt C superbombers carrying two or more advanced V1 missiles each.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

"e" wrote

Nah, just launched over England and Paris normally. But wait you say - The Germans had been pushed back so that the V-1 could no longer reach England! Well, the whole "Luft '46" spiel requires a stunning suspension of disbelief just to exist . . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I 'think' Frog's might have had a towing device for a V-1. I'll have to check the kit tonight.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Are you referring to Robert Harris's "Fatherland"?

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

i don't think so. it's told from someone live in a fragmented america and features jo goebbels daughter's memoirs. i've been looking but the tame black hole i use for storage is being fiesty.

Neither. Swing the canopy sideways (as with the Bf 109) and clamber out). Estimated chance of succesful evacuation 1% during terminal dive on target.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Which "luft46" kit was it, a few years back, that had the box art featuring the aircraft attacking a group of B-35's? I would *love* to have a full size print of that artwork.....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

There are no such things as "tame" Black Holes, only trained ones... :-P

BTW: If your BH ever gives it back, I'd like to know the title so that I can add it to my "future reading" list...

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

That was a Messerschmitt Me.P.1101 Night Fighter variant, from Japan (I think Hasagawa, but don't remember offhand). Its a nice little kit.

The Old Timer

i'll kick it into submission. when i find it, i can loan it to you.

Dragon. I have a couple... erm... somewhere...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

It was done, Hanna Reich test flew some without the warhead.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen