Ques: Airbrush parts compatability

A shot in the dark I know, but maybe some one has done this or knows the answer to my query. Read on..............

I have an airbrush that was made in Taiwan ,with no brand name except for a label on the case that it came in . It looks identical to the Iwata HP-C ,and I am led to believe that another company BB Rich also have their airbrushes made by the same company that produced the one I have .I have seen images showing the identical brush to the one I have ,under the name Airpro and BB Rich.

What I want to do is buy the cutaway and preset handle from an Iwata HP-C Plus and install it on my airbrush . I'm thinking that these airbrushes are the same as Iwata and possibly made in the same factory ,and am assuming that the Iwata parts will fit. Looking at the Iwata parts diagram and the parts diagram from the airbrush I have I can see no difference.

I'm not sure if Iwata produce a cutaway pre-set handle for the HP-C or not or if the handle from the HP-C plus will fit. I know they make a normal type pre-set handle for the HP-C but I wanted a cutaway type. I Emailed Iwata a few days ago and have no reply ( I didn't mention that the airbrush I have looks like a knockoff of an Iwata but I suspect this is what it is ). I just told them I had a HP-C and wanted to upgrade to a cut away pre-set handle. Short of buying a handle and risking that it will not fit does anyone know if the Iwata parts will fit? I would also like to get the optional crown cap for close up work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
nospam