Cloudy or milky Woodland Scenics Realistic Water?

Does anyone have experience with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water turning cloudy or milky as it sets? I think I've followed the instructions correctly, that is, pouring a shallow layer and letting it cure for the proper amount of time. But after two tries, the puddles I'm trying to create turn cloudy or milky on me. Is this stuff perhaps dissolving and drawing out the adhesives I'm using to hold the scenery elements in place (a mixture of Elmer's wood glue and water, or ACC)? Any thoughts about correcting, or fixing, or preventing this from happening?

Outgoing e-mail is automatically scanned for viruses.

Lynn Gobin

Zumbro Valley & Western

Lynn Gobin

If you want just shallow puddles (1/8" or less), Artist's gel medium works great. It dries clear so you can mix acrylic colors with it or underpaint then highlight after it dries. It has the consistency of mayonnaise so you can shape it before and as it dries. For standing water deeper than 1/8", multiple layers of the gel will work or a two part clear resin- Enviro-Tec. It is a liquid so your base has to be level and the area will have to be dammed. HL has it in stock.

Reply to
Chuck Ryan