Tinting Realistic Water?

Does anyone know if it's possible to tint Realistic Water by Woodland Scenics?

-- The Conductor Digital Railroader LLC snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Reply to
Digital Railroader

You're only supposed to pour 1/8 inch at a time... don't tint the water, paint it after it hardens, then pour again.... and again... and again. Build up layers of colored sections. Use a "dry brush" technique to keep things translucent.

Reply to
Joe Ellis

With several layers of opaque paint applied, it would seem to me that you will eventually obscure any bottom details you may have added...

-- The Conductor Digital Railroader LLC snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Reply to
Digital Railroader

We have no intention of modelilng polluted waters! ;-)

We will be looking for transparent tints, since we intend to model shallow streams with lots of details we don't want to obscure.

The Conductor Digital Railroader LLC snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Reply to
Digital Railroader

I just swat 'em - it's a lot easier, and I don't have to worry about releasing them again...

Reply to
crosstie