Re: Beech E18S details needed

> I have a need for info on the changes from a Beech C45H to an E18S. > Wishing to build a 1:72 model of the latter I found no kits available > and > I have the C45H on the shelf. I have a few photographs from the time I > flew the > E18S but no threeview or measurements especially with respect to the > outward changes. Can anyone help? Thanks. > > John Velenturf :)

The only 18S I'm aware of is the old Aurora/Comet kit and it's somewhat smaller than 1/72. All I have is a blurb in Macdonald's Aircraft Handbook from about 1964 complete with a silhouette. The dimensions are listed as: Span 49'8", Length 35'2.75" & Wing Area

360.7 sq ft. That compares to: Span 47'7", Length 43'11.5" & Wing Area 349 sq ft. for the C-45. Sorry if you already know this.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

They actually released it in two different scales; one was 1/88 and the other was about 1/64.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The Aurora kits in 1/88 and 1/64 scale are both reboxings of the Comet kits. They're a good basis for Super 18s if you don't mind the odd scales and lack of detail.

Reply to
Al Superczynski