Re: best flat finish over enamel?

Shawn - Just curious - how are you applying it? I've used Floquil Flat for a while now over Model master and Testors enamels without a burp. I particularly like its ease of application and its flatness. Again, I'm just curious. I've not had any problems with it.

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Shawn wrote:

Just trying to dull the enamel semigloss or gloss and protect the > decals...Testors Dullcote just seems to attack the enamel, even though they > seem to imply that is its intended use....Floquil Flat Finish provides no > joy either... > > Shawn > >
Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Here are my preferences:

Satin finish

*Floquil RR Flat

Flat

*Micro Flat

Flatter

*Polly Scale Flat *Humbrol Mattcote (in the jar, not the tin.)

Flattest

*Floquil Dust (cut with lacquer thinner; misted on)

Yellowest

*Testors Dullcote

Whitest

*'Flat Future'

Your mileage may vary.

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH

I've had no trouble with Floquil RR Flat,but that's becasue I shake it thoroughly and I keep putting on thin coats and letting them dry comepletely until I get the sheen reduction I want.

The Polly Scale gives a very flat effect--I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but I think it's behaving as designed--it just seems a little too flat for me.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Are Floquil Flat and Floquil Figure Flat the same formulation?

I've been looking for some ever since I used Aeromaster flatcote in my airbrush for the first (and only) time. That stuff was DEAD flat.

Reply to
Rufus

I have discovered Polly Scale Flat thinned with Windex window cleaner. 2 or 3 thin coats over Xtra color enamels gave me a dead flat finnish. I clean the airbrush with Windex, then follow up with Laquer thinner. HTH - Jim Dietz

Reply to
Jrdme109

"Shawn" a présenté l'énoncé suivant :

Prince August flat... acrylic is the best I know. To find more flat will certainely be hard ! ,;o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

In article , Gordon McLaughlin writes

Is it safe to put the Humbrol over canopies or would it attack or discolour them?

Reply to
John Halliwell

"John Halliwell" a formulé la demande :

Your canopies can be yellow in the future. Johnson Future (ou Klear, or Klir, it is the same stuff) is really better IMHO.

Reply to
Flying Frog