Re: China's Leadership Lineup

>> 'Fifth generation' leaders come of age > > > Oops. Sorry wrong newsgroup.

Been there! Done that!

I once posted a long and involved comment about my plans for a model railway to the Coronation Street newsgroup! They've never let me forget it! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

that was interesting. is there any chance the people wiil realise they have the power to become real capatilists? or does the current bunch keep them doped with consumer goods and the growing rich is glorious diversions?

Reply to
someone

so what's the sinbad blah blah that has the other group's knickers in a bunch, enzo?

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain smirked:

There is a new character in Coronation Street called "Jerry Morton". He is played by Michael Starke who previously played a character nicknamed "Sinbad" on another soap called "Brookside". Sinbad was so nicknamed because he was a window cleaner who would never clean the corners of windows, leaving them looking like a ship's porthole.

One of Jerry Morton's first acts on arrival on Coronation Street was to play his Jam CDs very loud ndeed, thus annoying the neighbours.

Someone from the punk group started that thread and crossposted it to the Corrie group. It now seems as though that Patio Lemur chappy has hijacked the thread to insult people. That's why you won't find many of the Corrie group members contributing to the thread now.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

that's dav, he's a bit of a pratt but posts good music now and then. there is an american comic called sinbad but it was hard to imagine him doing britsoap. michael starke has a good bio, i'm looking for his stuff. the bbc store has some but the prices are a bit much, so i will find a fan and ask for a couple of dvd's in trade for whatever of mine they want. thanks for the info. corrie=coronation st?

Reply to
someone

thank you. many questions.

Reply to
someone

i like space operas better. gimmie the lensman, babylon 5 or even farscape.

Reply to
someone