Coronation Street

Just noted on tonight's episode of Corry that Roy Cropper of the cafe is about to get involved in helping rebuild a large model railway system. Don't know if this will be a good thing or a bad thing for our hobby :-) His screen wife has already come out with the 'playing trains' line :-)

For overseas members, Coronation Street is one of the most popular UK TV soap operas.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

I beg your pardon - THE most popular, based on 2005 ratings.

And Hayley used to be Harold!

Reply to
MartinS

Reply to
Garry

I've been out of the UK since young Barlow was in grammar school, I don't suppose Elsie Tanner & Len Fairclough are still an item?

Reply to
Norman

Martin,

I was thinking generally, not picking on specific years :-)

But the pantomime content of a lot of Coronation Street's stories would lead me to think that the model railway layout might have a Harry Potter theme, whereas if it was a theme in Eastenders, you would have Phil Mitchell nutting someone behind the Vic for not modelling in P4 :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

When the storyline was first "leaked" there was some discussion of it over on the Coronation Street newsgroup. Concern was voiced about the way that railway modellers would be portrayed. It seems that that concern was well founded as Clifford, the man who introduced Roy Cropper to model railways, is presented as a sad lonely social inadequate who has so far been used only for comic relief. It remains to be seen how the remainder of the story is handled.

On the other hand, we reckon that the producers of Coronation Street lurk over there! The other denizens of the group are continually teasing me about "toy trains". I always reply "MODEL RAILWAYS!!!" There was this exact same dialogue between Roy and Hayley last night. LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix"

So it's pretty accurate then?

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

You may say that. I could not possibly comment! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

So now at least you know someone at Granada reads the Corrie newsgroup !

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart.

Sounds typical to me. ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

We've had our suspicions for a long time.

Reply to
MartinS

NANG! Or should I say SNAP?

Reply to