Re: Ebay auction emended

Been there. I've discovered that if I eliminate 'Europe' as a place to show an item, I have less trouble. I've even had buyers from there anyway.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Will airbrushing out the swastikas do the trick? I re-wrote the blurb, pointing out that the 'hate symbols' have been airbrushed out of the images but are intact on the boxart, decals, and raised on the kit itself. I've never airbrushed boxart before. never had to.

I think what happened was someone asked if the swastika on the tail of the Me109 was there or if it had been replaced with a cross. (later issues used a cross while this first issue had swastikas molded into the tail). I replied that it had the swastikas, and posted that for everyone to see. Since the word 'swastika' was in the exchange, I think it sent up a red flag for ebay. Too bad, it was going to be a hot auction!

The Aurora Me109 will probably be up next week, depending on if we can pull some stuff together. A one item auction is boring. Usually we do about 20.. there were 17 in this one.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

I sold an AMT/FROG 3-kit set on eBay a while back that included a Finnish AF plane, and I airbrushed out the swastikas on the decal sheet and box art. I had no problems other than it took a couple of listings to sell and eventually sold for the (low) starting bid... :-(

M. J. Rudy

AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
M. J. Rudy

If you have the software to do that, use it. I don't and I'm not too crazy about this hiding-from-history deal.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller