Re: Hobby Craft from Korea

Yep. "Don't expect a lot of color detail in the instructions, or detail in the cockpit."

You can pretty much say that about any Hobbycraft kit. The Sea Fury isn't bad, but IIRC there were some shape problems in the nose.

Reply to
EGMcCann

I have the Sea Fury and it looks like a good kit as far as price vs. quality goes. I am not a ' rivet counter' and cockpit detail is not a big thing for me. Just like the lines of the aircraft; it looks business but pretty too. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Hurricane isn't bad - not the Hasegawa one, but a lot cheaper -I've built a few - great for showing armament and colour variations. Sea Fury is not bad - a bit light on detail, (as are most HC kits) (and possibly not quite

48th?) but the only 48th Fury around - looks good with a bit of resin and etch. Seafire XV is sweet - not the most detailed, but accurate shapes. The Mk XVI I don't know - any one else here know more?

As with most things in life, you gets what you pays for. MOST (not all, by any means!) HC is good for the price, but don't expect Tamigawa detail or fit - but are we not modellers? (Or just kit assemblers?) RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

FWIW I believe DACO has just re-released their resin correction set. It was meant for the Academy bird (the one that was described by one wag as looking "Like a Spitfire on Steroids"). This might help with some of the Hobbycraft problems.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey