Re: Is it possible to clean a paint dried airbrush?

> Hi. I have an old Aztec airbrush with acrylic paint dried on the inside > > I have tried to run Windex through it but it is clogged... > > Will soaking it in Windex do the trick? > > Is there some other product I can try before tossing it in the trash?

Liquid ammonia should depolymerize most acrylic resins.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

If you subscribe to this group you're not allowed to throw anything out!

As Serge said, ammonia should work fine. If it's not acrylic you'll need to employ methanol, turpentine, laquer thinner, or acetone ( in that order. ) If that doesn't work, send it back to Testors for replacement.

Throw it away and hell you'll pay, better hang on to it-be worth money some day!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Exactly! The program and technology for repairs are right around the corner!

Proud owner of a 5 inch floppy drive

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

What a shame, the disks being 5 1/4" and all. ;-)

WmB

WmB

Reply to
Steve Collins

I'm so exhausted from all the fun I had at the Nats I was just too lazy to type the full denomination... 8^) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yeah... yeah... rub it in. ;-)

WmB

WmB

proud owner of an 8 inch floppy and 8 inch 5 meg hard drive! "why would you want a computer at home?"

dem wize guyz is everywhere.

did you got to any museums?

Well, the Pima Air & Space tour. After the Nats I went to Taliesen West, although hot it was edifying. Frank Loyd Wright was quite the visionary but could of wound up a carney huckster. I tried to go to the zoo but it was too hot for long walks outside; my Northcoast body doesn't like anything over 65. I spent the last few days carousing and gallavanting. Great fun but I'm glad to be back among my crap! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper