Re: Probable eBay fraud/scam alert!

This is an old scam. Just delete it. I sent the mail I got back to aol.

Reply to
Ajsandusky

I got a similar one stating my eBay accound was going to be cancelled for some infraction and I needed to provide the same sort of info to remain active.

I initially though about replying with a bunch of bogus info and insults in the password, credit card info and user ID blocks. However, I thought better of it and just forwarded it AOL and eBay to deal with. I agree that it's better not to respond to these sites at all. Forward them to your ISPand to eBay (or PayPal if they're the entity falsely being represented) and just delete them from your mail file.

Both eBay and PayPal have publicly stated that they will never ask for any privacy information via e-mail. If you get e-mail, purportedly from either asking for this info, be very suspicious and DO NOT provide it. Then go to the organization's official web site and report it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Hi

As stated before send it to snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com also run it through spamcop. It's VERY interesting reading when spamcop comes up with forgery Isp's etc.

Eric

Support

Eric Draven

What's a hoot is when you get these 2 scams and you dont have a ebay or paypal account. Or how about the latest one that claims a major store lost your order and need your payment info again. I all ways think #1 i didnt order anything and if they lost my order how did they know my email and that i had ordered.

Martin Poles

Reply to
martyp

Let ebay know. They take these scams seriously.

Reply to
Michael Cuell