"Remember Me"

I have to admit I got a little misty.

God Bless all in and formerly in uniform that served honorably.

Made by a 15 yo BTW. Maybe there is hope.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost wrote the following:

Some people don't believe there are evil people in the world who would destroy everything that doesn't suit their agenda. Most others try to prevent it. Me?

42 years in the service of my country, State, and community.
Reply to
willshak

Thank you for your contribution to our country. May you now enjoy long life and prosperity for you and yours.

Reply to
The Old Man

Thank you. BTW, they were all in uniform. I forgot to mention that.

Reply to
willshak

Here's a question from non-Yank. Why is Memorial Day in May? Up here in the True North we have Remembrance Day on Nov. 11. (eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month....) Linked to the end of the First World War in which, (in relative terms), Canada took terrible casualties. Vimy Ridge and WW! are the Canadian touchstones.

Other notes from Canada: There's CBC radio drama, (yes such still does exist...), called Afganada based on Canada's ongoing military action in Afghanistan. It's been running for 5 years. Should be available on pod cast. Afghan tribesmen were trying to blow my grandfather's head off when he was on patrol covering the northern border of the Raj, (was India at the time, now Pakistan..), around 1900. The more things change the more they stay the same. Those Veteran licence plates won't be disappearing any time soon...

And Vancouver is going to seriously kick Boston's ass in the Stanley Cup final. Just so you know.

Reply to
rfranklin

snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote in news:mdpcu6581snq3lnp2l6lk804lalad90pj5@

4ax.com:

We have a Veteran's Day in November that coincides with the end of WWI. I think that Memorial Day's origins were in the Civil War.

Those who don't learn from history...

Um, you're about 30 years to late for me to care about hockey. 8)

Reply to
Gray Ghost

The young play, the old watch, everybody's happy. Being born in or emigrating to, Canada, requires a mandatory hockey inoculation. Most of the time for me it's just goons on ice but when there's a Canadian team going for the cup even I get interested. If the Leafs ever took it again it would be like the Cub's winning the World Series; The sky would open and the world would come to an end, not in apocalypse, but in one hell of a party.... (or would that be one heaven of a party?...... Free beer anyway. ;))

Reply to
rfranklin