Revell-Germany 1/72 Buccaneer: new tooling!!

Ah what a teaser, but if the subject line got you excited let's have your vote here in this thread. With the new Hunter coming out and the looks of the test shots on the Hannants site, I have become very hopeful that here is a manufacturer that is willing to put out 1/72 cold war british subjects in a high quality, modern tooling. We need a Buccaneer to go with the Hunter; if you agree respond in this thread with a "here here" and maybe somebody in the right place will hear our plea. P.S. a 1/350 HMS Ark Royal (R09 70's fit) would be a dream of mine come true as well. With all the activity in this realm from Trumoeter lately, well maybe, just maybe. I know its a long shot, but feel free to second this grovel as well if you are so inclined.

Reply to
jwadetjpp

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Buccaneer for me!

(with apologies to Disney)

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

I'd definitely buy several Buccaneers, but I'd also like to see a Revell quality Lightning to replace the poor Hasegawa and the heavy handed Matchbox.

Dan

Reply to
dnsh

I agree; I'd buy a couple of lightnings as well.

Reply to
jwadetjpp

I agree; I'd buy a couple of quality 1/72 Lightnings as well.

Reply to
jwadetjpp

And Phantoms, every single model... Impossible to get any at all these days.

//André

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
André

We at Whirlybird models have a near complete set of accurate Lightning kits in resin from P1.B to T5 in 1/72 (no F2A or F6 yet I'm afraid). Available directly from us. £22.50 +p&p, but I am sure we can come to some sort of arrangement for a full set. We also have 2 versions of the Shorts SC.5 as a Vacform (that was one of the early concept provers for the Lightning programme) for those who like completeness in their type collections.

Dave Evans Whirlybird

Reply to
Dave Evans

Lightning

I'm positive I've seen a review of your kits in either SAM or SAvMI, but since it was of the prototype, it didn't register that you had operational versions as well. Do you have a website where we can take a closer look at what you offer?

Dan

Reply to
dnsh

Sadly not at the moment, but I would be happy to mail you some pictures of some of the kits and a PDF of one of the instruction sheets Please e-mail me at whirlybird(at)dunamai.net to confirm you address (I know a lot of people publish a slightly altered address to avoid spammers) if you would like these sent.

Many thanks

Dave Evans Whirlybird Models

Reply to
Dave Evans

Not cheap, and way out of my price range but seen them all, built up etc, very nice.

BTW why havent you got a website yet?

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

quite. did you know for all the matchbox phantoms that STILL turn up, aeroclub still consider it worthwhile apparently, to make a detail set [metal bits and a canopy]covering RAF/RN F-4's!

i know that they require a fair bit of work to get to a suitable standard, but it would be very nice if italeri was to re-release their RF-4C and F-4E/G kits.

hmm, one can but wish! :)

t.

Reply to
87015

Well I suppose it is no wonder why we are not likely to see a major manufacturer release this any time soon judging from the three name petition I have managed to put together here. I did see on the Hannant's web site that Czechmaster is doing a resin 1/72 S.1 and S.2 for future release. Never seen this manufacturer's product, but hopefully it will be an improvement. I can't imagine it being very difficult to improve on the airfix/matchbox/frog offerings. The question is just how much will an all resin kit cost? I suppose I shall see because I am hopeless and will be unable to resist the purchase.

Reply to
jwadetjpp