rufus

went to pahrump today for some free bike parts. aside from a near fatal blow-out that chewed the wheel well of my poor truck, i got good stuff. the beast will be much prettier...new fenders, nicer cases...you won't be so embarassed riding with me. i'm keeping the stripped down hot rod look...too cool. i even got a grabby rear tire.

I know the feeling - called myself being safe not bringing my new bike home in te rain, and then took a 40 mph shot to the ribs when the car I was riding in as a passenger got t-boned by a big Buick...

Took a ride up to the lake yesterday just on a whim. Not a bad day for it.

Reply to
Rufus

your back ok? you don't want yours like mine. caution can kill you, but i understand not getting the pretty bike wet.

I hear that - when I got my pipes I rode home in the rain without incident. Figured I'd try the opposite of the last time.

Funny...that was last May that happened, and here of late (the last month or so) I've been waking up with some pain in my ribs. It goes away quickly once I get up and moving, but I figured I'd be done with it now. I couldn't get in and out of bed by myself for a few weeks after the accident...

Reply to
Rufus

be safe, get it checked....

Folks told me that I would have some pains...I didn't break any ribs, but it sure did feel like it. What I need to get checked is my gut - my rib pain may actually be morning heartburn...bring on the little purple pill.

Reply to
Rufus

get rid of the junk food...

I actually don't go in for much of the junk stuff. What I do have is a habit of eating late dinners...I think it's caught up to me over the years, and now I'll have to do something about controlling my reflux. I've been eating dinner earlier...that helps.

Reply to
Rufus

Hey Rufus, when SWMBO and I retired a couple of years ago, we took a page from our Mexican brethern and started eating our main meal (aka Dinner) at mid-day. THis gives us a chance to work or walk it off. Suppertime is usually limited to a light sandwich, cup of soup or a salad. In addition, I've lost twenty pounds so far, and sleep better for it.

The Old Timer

at least 4 hours before bed and you should be ok.. so my dr says.

Yes - I generally only eat two meal per day; lunch and dinner during the week, and breakfast and dinner on my days off. Lunch is usually my biggest meal...but I agree - I find I can't even have so much as a glass of water after about 9pm or so and lay down. I try to get my dinner in before 7pm now. I used to like to eat Spanish style and have that midnight meal...not anymore.

And I have the opposite problem...I need to keep weight on.

Reply to
Rufus

That sounds about right.

Reply to