rusty pastels

Can i damn make them look like rust.ok its me, but any tips, or anyone know of any rusty car kits on the web i can take a look.

tried lighter over darker, and vice versa, i matt coated the kit to adere better

Just cant make em look right ta

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Try mixing the chalks with a bit of water to make a paste and apply ,they stick better and you may be able to mix the colour you want more easily.Sort of make a thin wash and add in small doses until it looks right.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

carefully cut the following from his sprue and glued it together:

If you want to make it look real rusty I must admit I'd start with Humbrol matt enamel - red brick and then after it had dried use humbrol orange matt acrylic thinned out to a stain to drip on and run down. Pastels are too subtle to colour the base coat - but they may do well if they are put on top of a dried matt acrylic red or orange shade. Give it a try and let us know your results...

Treadhead

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination. Do not become the slave of your model" - Vincent Van Gogh Howard Freeman IPMS(UK) 9169 snipped-for-privacy@afvs.co.uk

treadhead

Jules,