Saddam's cat

ooops, sorry Ed. You're correct. I was interrupted and (naturally) hit the wrong key. I'll try to do better next time.

And as for my being an e-tard, you're correct again. But since my line of work involves instruments other than computers, I'm not so very upset with that appelation.

Perhaps, if I get some time later tonight, I'll reconstruct the response I had prepared for Flying Frog. Then again, perhaps not.

Andy

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Actually the Saddam's cat thing *IS* funny.........if you are a cat owner and just know you own dear little fuzzball would be doing the exact same thing...........it's really just cat humor.

Reply to
Ron Smith

Rufus

i really shouid go to the mspcs shelter.

Ron Smith a pensé très fort :

Yes I am a cat owner... but Humor? No, not sure. Too easy, sorry. I thing the message is deeper than that.

Reply to
Flying Frog

I have not enough free time to answer now. I willdo it later, today. Sorry, English isn't my native language, and that's hard for me to explaim exactly what I want to say and to be understandable.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Chris,

I have a great idea. Let's drop this non-productive thread and get back to the business at hand - modelling.

Gernot and Peteski - and others - made excellent points. I learn too much from this group about modelling to have it degenerate into what has taken place on some other groups I've seen - with far more off-topic threads than on-topic ones.

Andre

Reply to
Andy

Gee, I wouldn't be either after what Napoleon and others have done in french history.

And the resistance in WW II, particularly the FTP was real good at knocking off frenchmen too....

History lesson here

Western european countries went 'round the world for the past several hundred years, stealing the natural resources and enslaving the people wherever they went. The problems in the ME are directly related to europeam expansionism and greed over the past several centuries. It's europe's fault (!) not the USA's... Gee, they hate fair skinned people in the ME, I wonder why.

Europeans have knocked off millions of people all over Europe, Africa, and the middle east for hundreds of years, yet somehow YOU seem to think that the USA is at fault.

Amazing.........

Twice in the past century we come to your aid. It aint worth it anymore..........

Reply to
AM

Ok Andre, you're right. Please, stop the French bashing and we shall doubtless have courteous relations.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Ok Andre. If you come to France, don't hesitate to contact me. A real meet, face to face, is always better than all the messages on internet. Too harf to explaim without passion and to be understoud.

Reply to
Flying Frog

I think you do pretty well...better than any of us might do with French...including myself.

Reply to
Rufus

amen brothers! plus his stuff is fun to read. and the web site...oi!

You're to kind guys...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Whilst I can see the humorous side of this ,I am not a fan of dictators ,politicians , war or cats.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Rufus

what? cat haters ain't people!

Then you are humor impaired, I recommend not taking anything, especially yourself very seriously..........

Reply to
Ron Smith

In this instance it would be "too" not "to". Silly English language... No, I'm not making fun of your (quite good, IMO) knowledge of English - just pointing out an error for educational purposes. :-) Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.
[SNIP]

Correction - The USA was *thoroughly* involved in the balkanization of

*both* the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires after WWI, about the only countries involved on the Allied side that *didn't* have/want a say were New Zealand, Australia, and Japan.

Particular point - the USA wanted to guarantee oil supplies from the area, and resisted allowing the creation of a Kurdish nation, and instead wanted (and got) the partition of the area between Turkey and Iraq. Not that it was resisted greatly, or by many, but it was the USA who originally said, "No, we want it this way...".

So yes, the USA is just as bad as Western Europe in this context.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

yep, I saw it to late...