Saddam's cat

FF

I'm going to be in Marseilles on June 3 and in Villefranche on June 4. Do you live anywhere nearby either day?

Tom

Fly> Ok Andre. If you come to France, don't hesitate to contact me. A real

maiesm72

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com a émis l'idée suivante :

Hi Tom,

Marseille and Villefranche are far from Bourgueil (the name of my city, near Chinon and Tours). If you want to see a marvellous military museum and comes to Saumur, Bourgueil is near Saumur, and I would be glad to meet you.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Didn't say I hated cats Im not a fan of them . Cats are ok , but I could never eat a whole one.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

No actually not. You mention one reference to a post WW I event. Yet ignoring the centuries of abuse that europeans heaped on people in Africa, and SWA

The Boer War is a classic modern example of european expansionism at the native populations expense....

I mean just look at how the USA was formed. French/Spanish came here to *rape* the natural resources, and the English did too. Just that the English figured out that by populating the N. American continent they could win by default (ie; in numbers of population)

And like elsewhere in the world, the native population paid the price.........

Reply to
AM

You're a funny guy: you compare Europe, with a very long history and USA with 2 centuries... Are you a politician?

Reply to
Flying Frog

samur is the tank school? huge place and the summer show is amazing.

ok, just don't fry them. unless you like chewing for hours on one bite.

e a émis l'idée suivante :

Yep, Saumur is a tank school, and the show you spoke about is called "le Carroussel". There is also a fabulous museum, dedicated to armoured vehicles. There are often demos, with working tanks, as Tiger I, Tiger II and a lot of others.

Reply to
Flying Frog

"Did you ever think when you eat chinese It ain't pork or chicken but a fat siamese? Yet the food tastes great so you don't complain But that's not chicken in your chicken chow mein Seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork But Garfield's on my fork He's purrin' here on my fork

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon The place that I eat every day at noon They can feed you cat and you'll never know Once they wrap it up in dough boys They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chow Lin asked if I wanted more As he was diallin' up his buddy at the old pet store I said "Not today, I lost my appetite" There's two cats in my belly and they want to fight.

I was suckin on a roll-aid and a tums or two When I swear I heard it mew boy And that is when I knew

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon I think I gotta stop eating there at noon They say that it's beef or fish or pork But it's purrin there on my fork There's a hairball on my fork"

Weird Al rocks...

Reply to
Rufus

FF

Sorry to miss you. Shall try again when we do all of France in a few years.

We are only one day in each location. Locating family members in Spain, modelers and Disney friends in Italy.

Tom

Fly> snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com a =E9mis l'id=E9e suivante : > > FF

------------------------------

------------------------------

Reply to
maiesm72

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com a exprimé avec précision :

Ok Tom. Only one day in each location is really to short, even to have a very little idea of what are France and French people... When you will be back in a few year, if you ride by the center of France, don't hesitate to contact me. If you want to visit the Saumur Tank Museum, I will be glad to be your guide.

Reply to
Flying Frog

didn;t they just get the tiger one running after a long search for a motor? i would kill to go to that show. their char b is beautiful.

we have a new korean place and i swear i hear barking from the walk-in.

Après mûre réflexion, e a écrit :

Hum no, i think not. I think you know the motoeized Tiger from Tamiya? The engine sound comes form Saumur's Tiger.

They have a lot of great restored or not tanks, guns, etc... A lot of military walkarounds on my website comes from thisd museum.

Reply to
Flying Frog

i did hear about some german unit they have that did not run for a long time because no motor. i believe last year's show was the first time it ran in public. there was problem early in the day but it ran well in the afternoon. obvioulsy i do not read french, could you see what kind it was so i do not lose my mind trying to remember? i will send you a jersy bimbo for a reward. you don't want to hear THAT speak.

I knew of a Chinese place in Kingsville, Tx where the local directions on how to get there included: "then turn left at the dead cat...I dunno why, but there's always a dead cat there"...

Reply to
Rufus

sounds more like parris texas, a place immortilzed by a song from big black. i'll see if i can find it. you can navigate the mp3 groups.

If you think North America, it is closer to 500 years. However, your point is still good. If you compare Europe to China you might have another lopsided comparison.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reminds me of a Carson joke. It went something like, "We were so poor that at Thanksgiving Mom used to pick up a Tom at the animal shelter. Those cats weren't too bad."

I may have paraphrased it more than I remember.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Believe it or not but we have such a feral cat problem here in Australia , that the desert dwelling Aborigines now have feral cat as one of there staple foods. The feral cat is the main destroyer of Australian native wildlife and has been responsible for near extinction of a number of native species . When ever I have the opportunity to kill one I always take it.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)