scale accuracy of Matchbox 1/32 kits

Don't knock that Airfix Spitfire Mk. I in 1/24. Far as I know, that was the first 1/24th scale model of a WWII fighter aircraft ever done. And they followed it up in short order with the Bf-109E... so you could have a dogfight right out of The Battle Of Britain in big scale. Those were the golden days of model building...when you never knew what was coming next, except that you had to have it. The younger set around here can't remember that time in the late

60's-early 70's when all hell was breaking loose in regards to wonderful models, and all the companies were basically going: "Oh yeah? Try this on for size!" on a month-to-month basis. You had to have a subscription to Scale Modeler even to hope to keep up with what had hit the model-building scene this month...or even week. Jeeze, what a time to be alive for a model builder. :-)

Pat

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Stuka was a great kit everyone says, although never built one myself. same goes for the Hurricane, if you had on, dont go and rush out to buy the Trumpeter kit

Reply to
Jules

i avoid trumpeter. only thing i will buy is their wimpy.

Reply to
someone

I have an Airfix 1/24 Hurricane in my Deep Stash. One of these days... :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Their 1/72 Gannet is good.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

ok. it's not an ac i'm interested in, though.

Reply to
someone

yup

your loss then

Reply to
Jules

Everybody needs a little lead in their diets!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

brain damage brain damage brain damage brain damage brain damage

-ministry

Reply to
someone