Ship Building Newbiew Seeking Advice

Greetings I am looking for a newsgroup or user forum for model ship builders. Due to resp. allergies to tropical wood dust and lacquer finishes, I am forced to give up my beloved hobby of acoustic guitar building. But I'm not willing to give up wood working altogether. I have always wanted to build a wooden ship model and this seems like a good time to try. I have well-honed skills in fine-woodworking and inlay technique. I've excellent focus and fine hand eye coordination. Of course being a luthier, I've also a complete workshop and most tools needed for this type of endeavor. What I lack is basic model building knowledge and a support network to help me get through my first project(s). If anyone on this group can put me onto a more focused (ship building) group of hobbyists I would be very grateful. And suggestions are welcome. Thanks and Happy Holidays! Randy

Reply to
Randy

This link ought to do it.

I'm from the UK and I'm only on my second model - HM Bark Endeavour from Caldercraft (arguably the best kits of this type from the UK)
It's a great hobby and MUCH more absorbing than plastice models. Ships take months or even years to complete but what you get at the end is something really quite special.

Julia De Silva

Go to

and sign up for the shipmodeling mailing list. It is a Yahoo group so you can subscribe either as an email mailing list or a web-based discussion group. I think it is exactly the type of group you are looking for.

Don

Randy wrote:

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota