Slow and Thin CA

Hello everyone,

I am building my first model in some thirty five years. I am including an Eduard's Photo Etch set. I am hoping on hope, but is there any thing such as a Slow, Thin CA glue now ? I know that there is a CA glue Accelerator. Is there a CA glue Retarder ? I guess you can't have everything, but I am going to at least ask.

Thank You for any Input,

Wayne R. Russ

Reply to
Wayne R. Russ

Yes. Slow-Zap, same people that make Zap-A-Gap. It's not terribly thin but it takes several minutes to set giving you plenty of time to position things right.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

lots of glus come in many viscosities, low, med and high, v usefeul

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

You'll find the thicker stuff is better - it does provide a bit more working time over the thinner ones. And I've also found that the stuff formulated "for tires" works great with etched parts. It's black, and bottled under various labels for local shops - I usually find it in shops that sell R/C equipment as well as plastic models.

I also find that watch crystal cement works great for etched part where I really need a longer working time and still use a minimal amount of glue. Try that as well.

Reply to
Rufus