Sub-stantial Purchase...

...1/72 Revell Type VIIC/41 and GATO subs are on their way to my house.

Reply to
Rufus

watch out Mr. Limpet!

Reply to
crw59

Tom,

Dig a pond in the yard!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

The pond thing doesn't work. I tried it. I have 2000 gallons in the backyard and my wife said no "subs" allowed.

Are they shipping your order or floating them down the river? (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

The real worry is where do I park them when finished - I'll have both Type VII variants and that big GATO to deal with...and that thing is HUGE. After I finally I saw one in the box I had to have it...

Reply to
Rufus

Now realize I have only been back to this hobby about a year and a half. Seriously, how in the world do you glue / fill a seam that long? (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

My suggestion FWIW is to mount them on the wall above a doorway. Build some sort of cradle rig to hold them that makes them easy to move to a lower level for guest to appreciate, then return them to higher ground and protection. Just a thought.

Reply to
Hawkeye

Clamps and liquid cement are your best friends. Since I've discovered Berna Assemblers I seldom have to do much (if any) filling - just finish sanding.

Speaking of sanding...I actually started work on U-Boat #1 today. Just getting some parts cut and fit. The hard work is going to com in opening up all those flood holes...and I plan to open up the deck grates as well. I figure I can do it all be sanding the back sides of the parts. Where'd I put that elbow grease?..

Reply to
Rufus

I know one will go on my mantle...I think another will end up above my desk at work. I plan to make "dry dock" sorts of bases for them all - resting on/propped up by timbers.

It's the third one I'm blanking on...I've got a bookcase headboard on my bed. Enough space in the long cubbies for a U-boat. The Gato would have to go on top.

Reply to
Rufus