1/35th Italeri PT boat

Got mine today missing the metal gun barrels. Called squadron and was told that every kit is missing the barrels. Other than that the model is magnificent. The .50 cal machine guns are the best I have ever seen in an injection molded kit. I check the drawings that I have and the model seems to be spot on. IMHO this is an awesome kit even come with it's own reference material. cheers John

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

masterpiecemodels wrote: : Got mine today missing the metal gun barrels. Called squadron and was : told that every kit is missing the barrels. : Which gun barrels? The one I looked at had the 40mm and 37mm barrels included, plus a piece of wire behind the decals.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

My kit came with the 40mm and 37mm metal barrels. They are in the bag with the PE parts and a piece of wire. Got it from VLS, though. Maybe only Squadron's kits are missing the barrels?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Odd mine are missing like I said I called squadron and was told that all of thier kits are missing the metal barrels kinda weird

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Reply to
William L. Powell

This sounds like they're saying all are missing the barrels so live with it. What did they say about getting you the replacemnent parts. I can't believe they just want you to live with it.

Unfortunately this sounds like a problem I had with the Trumpeter F4U when I called Stevens and after three or four calls they just seemed to think it was normal to wait 4 or 5 months for missing hinge parts when they were still shipping new complete kits but didn't couldn't get spare parts.

I hope this isn't the shape of things to come with the new ownership of Squadron and VLS.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

When we buy anything (other than a model kit) and it is broken or incomplete in some way we can return it and get a refund or replacement. When we buy a model kit, even a $150 dollar one, the stores we buy from don't feel any responsibility to make things right. That really sucks!!!!!

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Actually Squadron stated that Italeri will replace the missing parts I recently bought 3 revell 1/72 gato subs and one kit have two port side hulls and squadron replaced the kit immediately and paid for shipping both ways. Great customer service.

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

My interest here is I have one on back order from VLS and from what they said I expect it soon. I'm wondering if I'm going to get something I can't build imediately and how much grief I'll have dealing with Italeri if mine show up the same. A problem with a cottage industry when the guy has a day job etc to worry about is one thing. But Italeri and Squadron are big companies - one would hope this is seamless to the buyer - ie they notified Italeri and the parts are in the mail, without any additional grief on your part

Val Kraut

Actually Squadron stated that Italeri will replace the missing parts

Reply to
Val Kraut

My backordered Italeri PT boat came from VLS and it had all the parts.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Homeland security strikes again! John D. :-)

Reply to
John DeBoo